16: [SEPT 30, 2016, 7:53 AM]

Tomek stumbles into the main room, hair everywhere and no shirt. Angel's at the stove, tending his pancakes.
"Angel, what are you doing? I'm supposed to make breakfast." Tomek grumbles, walking over to him and lightly punching his shoulder. He sighs and leans his head on his teammate. "Milk. Where?"
"Good morning to you, too." Angel laughs, messing up Tomek's hair even further. "Coach Hans came by and dropped off your strawberry milk, it's in the fridge."
"It better not be some offbrand shit like yesterday. I almost beat their ass." Tomek mumbles and opens the fridge. He grabs the pink carton. "What does this say? I don't have my contacts in."
"I don't know. It's in Vietnamese, I think." Angel says, and he flips over the pancake.  "What's with you and strawberries?"
"I like them." Tomek simply says, then takes a swig of the milk. He pulls out something from his pocket and shows it to Angel. "Your phone was getting pinged, got it for you. It's from the contact called 'Piece of shit.'"
Angel tenses. Dylan. Probably bragging about Montreal's perfect preseason. He flops the last pancake onto the serving plate and turns off the stove.
"Oh." Tomek frowns, realizing. He places the milk carton on the counter. "I'll delete it."
After a moment, Angel nods. "Yeah. Thank you."
"Let's just eat." Tomek turns Angel's phone off after deleting the texts. He's glad that Angel didn't read them- if it felt bad for Tomek to glance over it, it would've been worse if Angel read it.
"So... is it good?" Angel asks, voice low as Tomek takes his first bite. It's different from the pancakes he makes, sweeter and lighter. Tastes even better with the strawberry jelly. Tomek vigorously nods at him, almost tearing up with pride.
Angel scoffs, then goes to work on his own plate.
After breakfast, they end up on the couch watching old cartoons.
"Can you change the channel?" Tomek asks.
"No. These were my favorite." Angel says, not taking his eyes off the screen as he places the remote on the coffee table.
Tomek laughs softly at that before speaking again. "Thanks for making breakfast."
"It's no problem. You've been babying me this entire time, I wanted to... give back." Angel shrugs. "I should thank you."
"It's what I'm here for." Tomek mumbles and he kisses his cheek, just a chaste peck.
It takes Angel a little before registering he kissed him. "Oh, gosh."
"I, um, sorry, that's like, tradition for me." Tomek hastily says, eyes wide. "Sorry, I won't do that."
"No, I mean..." Angel turns red. "It's cute- fine, I mean. It's fine. Should I shave?"
Tomek bursts out laughing and Angel curses himself for falling so quickly, so easily.