unexpected

RYAN PULLED REYNA into the enormous building by her hand, only letting her go once the two had made their way further inside. The music could be heard all the way down the hall, making it fairly easy for the two to find their way towards the room holding all their friends. The moment Ryan picked up on their location, he quickened his pace, while Reyna lingered closely behind him. She was wearing a pair of red stiletto pumps and a tight black dress, which made it almost impossible for her to move as quickly as she wanted to, but she tried, nonetheless.

"Motherhood has made you annoyingly slow," Ryan called from his place in front of her. He stopped in the middle of the hall to wait for her to catch up, and when she did he grabbed her hand and began pulling her towards the large door at the end of the hall.

"I bet I'm still fast enough to rip my shoe off and bury the heel of it into your eye socket," Reyna breathed out as she gave Ryan's hand a death squeeze. "Don't try me, Reynolds."

Ryan gave a nervous laugh and shoved the door open. "I wish I wasn't so scared of you."

Reyna didn't hear him, though, as the loud music seemed to drown out as much sound as possible. She couldn't believe Joe and Anthony had planned such an extravagant party, let alone invited her and the rest of her friends to it. It took her back to her time working in the MCU and made her feel a bit nostalgic. She missed working with Marvel Studios more than she cared to admit, but her time had long passed.

The room was filled with a ton of people, all of whom Reyna and Ryan couldn't make out in the dim light. All they could detect was the sound of cheers that seemed to be coming from a semi-lit area in the middle of the room, as well as a few cast and crew members dancing to the music in a darker part of the room. The light that shined from the closing door behind Reyna and Ryan, however, gave a few people some insight as to who had just entered the room, and before the pair could even think, they were being tackled in hugs.

"Oh my gosh!" Scarlett's voice sounded in Reyna's ear. "I've missed you so much."

Reyna squealed happily and squeezed her friend back as tightly as she could do so without hurting her. "I've missed you too!"

"Ryan, my man," came Anthony's loud voice from beside the two girls.

Reyna pulled away from Scarlett and grabbed her hand before averting her attention to Anthony, whose face seemed to shine under the flashing neon lights.

"Last time I saw you, you spit your drink on me," Ryan remarked as Anthony pulled away.

Anthony laughed and gave his backs a few pats. "You should be thanking me for that; it's not everyday you're given the opportunity to be cleansed by a god."

Reyna scoffed and moved away from Scarlett to hug Anthony. "I can't believe you just called yourself a god."

"Well, y'know," Anthony chuckled as he squeezed Reyna. "It's good to see you, Rey."

"Likewise," Reyna smiled, though it dropped when she remembered her drunk husband. "Where's Sebastian at?"

Scarlett grabbed her hand and pulled her away before Anthony was given the chance to answer her. "Sebastian is somewhere over there playing some sort of drinking game with Evans, my stunt double, and Leighton," Scarlett informed her, gesturing towards the semi-lit area Reyna had noticed earlier.

"He's drinking?" Reyna asked with a raised brow as Scarlett began pulling her further into the room. "I thought Anthony and Chris cut him off?"

"Oh, he's not drinking," Anthony said from behind her. "He's helping Leighton drink so they can win the game. I swear these people are so competitive—it sickens me."