I rubbed my forehead with my free hand, this man doesn't give up. A quick meeting can be arranged right now and maybe it's better to hear what he has to say.

"All right, you can come to my house and we'll discuss your offer in my office. Write down this address."

****

"Please have a seat Mr Hunter."

"Call me Lewis."

"A bit too soon for informality," I thought as I sat in my chair. In front of me sat a pair of huge dark sunglasses, a thick grey beard and a scarf. Just like the picture. I wonder if he's feeling hot underneath all that fabric or maybe he just got used to wearing them all the time. His forehead and hair were covered with a hat so basically all I could see was the skin on his cheeks.

"So what is your offer?" I asked him directly.

"I understand that you want to take a break from the stress and I am aware that you're not a corporate lawyer but you're smart and sometimes that's more important than a degree on the wall. As you know, I own a large, growing company that makes and breaks deals all year long and deals mean contracts and taxes and legislations that can end the company if not well-managed, I've worked so hard to be where I am now and I don't want anything to knock me down. I feel that the group of attorneys I've previously hired need a, how do I say this, they need some guidance like a supervisor and I think you are the best to hire for that spot."

"Mr Hunter--"

"Please let me finish, you won't be on your own meaning you wouldn't have to do everything alone. You have a team working with you and of course you get to be the captain."

"Can I talk now?"

"Of course."

"Aside from my unofficial break, I am focused more on criminal cases than private services. I know you need a lawyer to help you sort out the legal stuff going on in your company but I'm just not interested."

"Working for me won't affect any of the suitcases you're defending, all you have to do is check the contracts and then carry on with your regular job. Please Miss Morr I really need you even if it was for a short time."

I inhaled deeply, he sounds like a damsel in distress but I don't get it. There are plenty of other attorneys out there why is he so insistent on hiring me?

"Just one year until I find a replacement. You never know, you might end up liking it there."

"All right," I finally said, "I will take the job but under my conditions."

"You name them."

"Working for you won't affect my job in court, I will be fully incharge on your 'team', this will only be for a year with no extentions without my consent."

"No problem so far."

"I want my own office at the company and I set my salary range."

"Consider it done."

"And I want zero interference meaning I won't take any orders from anyone other than you. Not your assistant, not your coworkers, not even your mom."

Mr Hunter chuckled,"My mom?"

"You don't know how controlling parents can get."

"I think I do," he chuckled again, "So do we have a deal?"

"I think we do, come back next week so we can sign a proper contract."

I got up and opened the door to lead him out and he, very happily, followed.

"You have a beautiful house," he said as we walked downstairs.

"Thank you."

"Detective Nathan coming through!"

Oh no. I saw Nathan zooming outside the living room on his skateboard while Emmett run behind him with a camera in his hand.

"Nathan!"

"Can't talk while on the roll," he said before leaving the house.

I sighed and the shook my head, that kid is something else.

"What a lovely boy!" Mr Hunter exclaimed, "Is he your kid?"

"Oh no, Nathan is my friend's son."

"Such a wild spirit!"

"Oh that's for sure," I said with a smile, "So I will be seeing you next week."

"Hopefully."

I was about to reach for the knob when the door opened and Claire came in.

"Oh.... hello there," she said while looking at Hunter.

"This is Lewis Hunter the CEO of K&S Co," I began, "Mr Hunter this is doctor Claire White, my friend and Nathan's mom. We had a business meeting while you were gone."

"Nice to meet you," she said shortly.

"Nice to meet you too," Hunter smiled, "Well I should get going now. I'm thrilled to work with you Miss Morr, this will be an exceptional experience!"

"That's one way to put it. Bye now."

He smiled one more time before leaving.

"What was the meeting about?" Claire asked as soon as I closed the door.

"He wants me to be his corporate lawyer."

"Fancy."

"Please," I rolled my eyes while she laughed.