Chapter 7

Chapter 07 –

Chapter 07 –

Penny brought the boys' orders and while handing Sheldon his, even knowing she might regret, she asked:

"Why won't you try something different from the menu, Sheldon? At least once?"

Sheldon scoffed and took his order, as if the question didn't even deserve to be replied. But he indulged, poor Penny.

"It was already enough replacing Big Boy. I won't take any more chances."

Leonard just waved her to "let it go" and the other two made non-committal, although condescending, gestures.

"So. How about the new neighbor, Becky?" inquired Penny.

Sheldon choked in a poor attempt to try to disguise anything nobody was even thinking.

"Sheldon, are you okay?" asked Leonard, full of concern.

"Yes, I'm fine." he said, resuming his nonchalant expression and eating.

"Methinks she is pretty hot and lonely and Howie is ready to attack." said Wolowitz, in his gallant, tenor voice.

Immediately, Sheldon cast him his most threatening look.

"You stay away from her!" he said, pointing a long finger at Howard.

"Whoa..." Howard said, fairly shocked, "Am I missing something here?!"

"I think we all are..." said Leonard, as impressed as Wolowitz and everyone at the table, including Penny.

"Why would you care?", asked Howard. "You don't care about anyone but yourself."

Sheldon started killing Wolowitz using The Force.

"What the heck?" asked Leonard. Howard rolled eyes and Raj smiled.

"With Sheldon, we never know..." said Penny. 

"Well, all we know is that he has finally lost it and we are suffering the consequences." said Howard.

"You mean he lost it just now?!" asked Leonard.

"I didn't lose anything! You all stop making fun of me!" Sheldon was a little aggravated, but not so much as to lose his usual composure.

They were all interrupted by a massive noise of glasses breaking. All the eyes turned to the responsible and the man, apparently the manager, mercilessly yelling at her.

"Becky?" asked Leonard to no one in particular, adjusting his glasses to see better.

"Yeah... She began working here this week, poor thing... Things are going pretty hard for her... It must not be easy for someone who has just gotten a college degree and ended up here..."

In spite of his shock, Sheldon couldn't help saying:

"Well, it is just a degree, after all... And in Literature, to top it all off..."