We change as we get older,

           We're not to stay,

           The days we walked are over,

           The music cut off and I heard footsteps coming down the hall toward my room. A soft knock sounded at my door and I put my guitar down and got up to open it.  Ripley stood at the threshold of my bedroom in nothing but a t-shirt with her hair piled into a bun on top of her head. Sexy. I wonder what Trevor would say if he saw her now.

           "I need you to go to the store and buy me something." She said, a determined look on her face. 

           "Sure, what?" I asked, grabbing a shirt from the pile on my bed and slipping my shoes on.

           "Tampons. I'm out and I can't exactly go to the store like this." She said, her cheeks turning a slight tint of red. Wait, did she just say tampons? I stood straight up and stared at her, shock and embarrassment entering my gaze.

           "Uh, I don't know about this." I said, shaking my head. Was she serious? I'm a guy for Christ's sake!

           "Please! I'll do anything Jace, anything!" She pleaded, her brown eyes tearing up and her bottom lip jutting out. Oh shit, the puppy dog face! I can't handle that face!

           "Fine! I'll do it. What kind do you want?" I grumbled the last part, looking down at my feet. She gave me some weird brand name and I stomped out of the house, completely pissed at myself for falling for the face. Damn it.

           I was still stomping when I got on my bike, revving the engine and tearing down the driveway. I hope the guys don't hear about this, they'll give me hell. I made it to the store quickly, grabbed what she wanted and headed to the checkout counter. Thankfully some old woman was behind it and there was no line. I blushed when I set my purchase on the counter and quickly handed over the due amount, snatching the bag up and receiving the change. I defiantly noticed the look she gave me, my blush deepened. I all but ran out of the store, knocking into a rack of magazines and bumping into some middle aged, child infested shopping cart.

           This has to be the worst experience of my entire life.

           Ripley's POV

           My stomach cramps were killing me, I felt like my insides were being ripped out and hung on a clothesline. Jace better hurry up with those tampons, these pads were driving me crazy. I hated having to ask Jace to go get my tampons but there was really no other choice. I laughed again at the look Jace had on his face when I asked him. 

           I grabbed the Midol bottle of the coffee table and took three, chasing it with some hot chocolate. It wasn't cold out, but I still wanted some hot coco. I flipped the TV channel, tired of watching people bake cupcakes that couldn't possibly taste good. My stomach flipped as I ran across an episode of CSI, seeing a charred body lying on the autopsy table. Gross. My mom had been a devoted fan of all the CSI's but I just couldn't stand seeing dead people, even if it was fake. I flipped it to TNT and was happy to see the sexy Dean Winchester lighting up the screen. I will never get enough of Jensen Ackles. I sunk further into the couch, throwing my feet onto our oak table. 

           I heard the front door open and Jace came stomping in, his face still red from embarrassment. I attempted to hide my laughter with a cough- and failed.

           "Here. Please don't make me do that again." Jace threw the box at me and stalked upstairs, muttering swears as he went. I chuckled and went back to watching Supernatural.

           It was around 11 o'clock and I was trying not to scream in frustration as Selly blew my phone up with texts about how much Damien wanted me. Yeah, I'll believe that when the guy tells me himself. Finally I just threw my phone down under my bed and crammed my head under the pillows. I love Selly to death but her constant nagging and poking was driving me crazy! She didn't understand that I didn't want Damien's attention, I didn't crave his eyes on me or swoon at the sound of my name coming from his lips. Sure, he was damn attractive and any girl would be more than lucky to have him, but I wasn't that girl. He had a lot to prove to me before I was even willing to consider a date. 

           Sometimes, as hard as I tried to believe that everything works out for the best, I felt like Frosty the Snowman. When things were good I could be happy, carefree but eventually, the heat comes around and I know it's looming over my shoulder so that when I do finally melt and everything comes crashing down, it's that much worse.

            My life had spiraled out of control two years ago and now I was so close to piecing it back together. Was I capable of being my normal self? Today made it seem like I was but I wasn't sure. After all, I was easily deceived.

            Jaces POV

             It wasn't supposed to happen like this. They weren't supposed to get in the car and come after me, they weren't even supposed to know I was gone! I knew this was a dream. I knew it was to late to change what really happened but my reaction was still the same. They were currently following me down the alley, unaware of the shadowed figure behind them. I came out onto the street, but they weren't so lucky. 

             With the click of his automatic he shouted, "Give me your money!" jamming the gun into the mans back as the woman cowered into her husbands side. The man fumbled with his wallet before throwing it at the mugger, hoping to placate him so they could get away. Hearing the commotion my dream self turned back into the alley, right as the mugger fired his gun, shooting both his victims. Here comes the reaction.

             "Mom! Dad!! No!!" I cried, running down the alley just as they let out their last breathe, even in a dream it still played out the way I never wanted it to. It's all my fault.