Chapter 5:Maybe A Friend?

Nichole's Pov.
After ten minutes of walking through the castle, Ashley ran off, it seemed she was a puppet. I let out a sigh and looked at Leon. I walked to the merchant to upgrade my rifle. "Really wish you would have a semi-automatic rifle" I laughed softly as he chuckled "I'll have it sooner than you think, stranger." he spoke as Leon and I walked from the merchant and through a door.

-skip-
I saw Leon walk into a room as I felt my body being thrown, I winced as my body hit each step as my body slammed into a wall. "What the..." My vision went blurry as I saw a cultist "You son of a bit-"My words were cut off as the cultist punched me across the face and then the world went black...

-few moments later-

"I'm not telling you anything!" I screamed as the cultist shot me in the arms as I hissed in agony. I slowly rose my head and saw my wrists and saw the chains and cuffs around my wrist. They had me chained to the wall but I wasn't hanging. I was sitting on my knees. The cultist decided to walk towards me and continue the torture. I heard static from my radio "Nichole! Where are you?!" I heard Leon shout through the static. I wanted to respond so badly, he needs to know I'm alive..

-skip-

Leon's Pov.
I finally found where they were keeping my girl, arrows in her arms, her head hanging down. I ended up removing the arrows from her arms and unchained her. "Don't worry butterfly" I spoke as I picked her up and carried her to the merchant. Her head laid comfortably on my shoulder as I walked through the castle. Strangely there wasn't any cultist as Nichole calls them. I kept looking down at her every time she sighed or groaned in pain. "I got you. I promise. Nobody will ever hurt you again." Eventually I made it to the merchant. Really wish I knew his name. "Ah Yes" He turned around and I saw pain in his blue eyes. "Lay her down" he spoke as he quickly pushed everything off his counter. I saw Nichole's face in the bright purple flame light. "Where else was she hurt?" He asked as he bandaged her arms. "I-I'm not sure, I only found her moments ago"  I spoke softly as the merchant nodded and sprayed some first aid spray on her wounds and continued  to bandage her wounds. She started to groan in pain and her eyes fluttered open. "Hey, there. Butterfly" I spoke softly as I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hey there.." She spoke weakly. I placed a kiss on her head and smiled softly, my girl was back with me.

Nichole's Pov.
We finally found Ashley, she was crying? We walked up to her as he moved away from us. "Please, don't. I don't want to hurt you again" She spoke looking at us with teary eyes. I looked at Leon and sat next to Ashley. "Listen, I know we got off on the wrong foot, you must think I hate you, but trust me. I know the pain you're feeling. The feeling of being a puppet. The fear running through your veins. But you have to stay strong and fight this parasite." I spoke as Ashley looked at me. "But I'm not that strong" she looked at me sadly "But you are, you survived until we found you, you survived until we saved you. Now let's get you home." I spoke as she looked at me "Can I- Can I hug you?" She asked as I nodded. I always feared being touched due to the viruses..but she needed this. She soon hugged me.

-Few moments later-

Leon and I were sitting on the couch where we found Ashley, as we talked. "So, why did the cultist want you?" He asked as I looked up from my bandaged arms at him. "Not sure, They kept wanting information. Could be about my past, could be about Ashley" I spoke as i looked at Ashley who was staring outside. "Who knows" Leon rose an eyebrow "Your past?" He asked as I sighed. "Before my parents realized who they were, I was born sick. Like shouldn't have made it to age 4 sick. Then Doctor Spencer, or Spencer came into my room from what my mom said and told them that he could help me. Next thing I know, I'm being used as a guinea pig." I spoke, removing the bandages from my arms, to show that the wounds are gone. "I have god knows what viruses still in my blood, I vaguely remember the progenitor virus, G-Virus and T. But if I remember correctly.  The G was removed and the T stayed or maybe it was the other way. I'm not 100 percent sure" I spoke, looking down away from him. I felt a hand on my calf. "Hey, Look at me" He moved closer to me and placed his hand on my cheek as I looked into his eyes. Them damn icy blue eyes. "Yeah..?" I spoke softly as he rubbed my cheek. "Just because you have the viruses in your body. Doesn't define you." He spoke as I teared up a little. "I don't deserve you" I spoke softly "You deserve the world." He smiled and leaned in to kiss me. "Nichole? Leon?"Ashley spoke as we looked at her. "You ready?" I asked as she nodded. We got up from the couch and we continued through the castle that felt like we were trapped in purgatory. We soon made it through out the castle.

-small skip-

We soon got separated from Ashley, yet again. I huffed in frustration as we tried to find her. I looked over to Leon as he smiled softly. "I've never seen your eyes like that" he spoke as I saw my eyes in the reflection. "Fuck.." I sighed and tried to calm my nerves. I thought of my sister as I saw my eyes shift back to normal. "Is that from the viruses?" He asked as I nodded. "Since, I can remember I've dealt with this shit.." I sighed and looked up "The parasite is making it worse, it's making it kick in more" I spoke as he held my hand. "It's gonna be okay baby" he smiled and kissed my hand. We soon made it to the ballroom and ended up running into bugs. "Jesus Christ" I cringed at the sound.

"We have to find her Leo" I spoke as we continued to kill the bugs "I know butterfly. I know"