11. Appetite for Celebration

Comenzar desde el principio

I giggled, thinking of Mandy's last words. I still couldn't find Steven even when everyone seemed to be downstairs for Saul's birthday speech.

"....again, thanks to all who came, I know none of us can wait any longer so let's all fuckin' party!!!" he said the last part of his speech and raised his bottle. Everyone cheered and raised their drinks as well.

"Hey, have you seen Steven?" I asked when he came down the sofa.

"No... Holy shit, what happened to you?"

"Duff and Mandy decided to dress me up..." I said, flattening the mini skirt with my hands though nothing was really wrong with it . "Do I look that bad?"

"What the fuck? No!" Saul drank from his Budweiser. "You look amazing.. I mean I'm not used to seeing you like that..."

"You're kidding me. Remember in '82? We did something like this!"

"Don't you dare bring that up, Emilia," he feigned a scowl.

"Don't worry it's our little secret and only ours." I kissed Saul's cheek and said, "Happy birthday, Saul. I might as well tell you that before one of us gets drunk in the next few hours. I hope you already fed Skipper." Skipper was an Indian leopard gecko Steven and I bought as Saul's birthday present.

I went to the table to grab a cup for myself. Before I got there, somebody decided to cover my eyes and play "guess who."

"Steven Adler if this is you I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed, reaching behind me to grab him.

"I'm not Adler so don't kill me." The guy said with an amused smile. He was Vince Neil of the Crue.

"Oh...sorry."

"You got a name, girl?"

"Name's Emilia." I said, holding my hand out.

Vince nodded and we shook hands, "Nice. An exotic name for an exotic beauty."

I had my brow raised while saying, "Exotic huh? I must look like an alien to you."

"No, no. You got it all wrong, honey. What I mean by exotic is, you're stunning only you don't look like the other girls."

"Okay," I shrugged, went to the table and grabbed a drink. Vince followed. "What do you want, mister?"

"How about I'll introduce you to the guys? I'm sure they'd like to get to know you.." he said, gesturing to his band mates who were with Izzy, Duff and Saul. They were all busy drinking and snorting lines on the small table

The taste of my cranberry juice turned terribly bitter the moment I saw them. I muttered goodbye and left Vince confused. I could care less of what he wanted. I did my last check on things before I went upstairs to call it a night. Hours went by and everybody was having the time of their lives, except for me.

I laid on Steven's bed, eventually falling asleep while cuddling with Lennon who was nibbling my fingers. I woke up an hour later when I felt Steven crawling up beside me.

I yawned. "Where the hell were you?"

"Fell asleep in the bathtub. I guess I had too much of that brandy." Steven said, removing his shirt.

"You didn't do what the others did...right?" I asked nervously.

Steven scoffed, pushing his face closer to mine, "If you meant crack, I didn't do any. Go see for yourself."

He was clean-- no sign of snorting and smoking, it was just plain brandy I could smell from him. I thanked him by kissing him on the lips.

"So this is what you want," he chuckled. He returned the kiss and slid his hands on my hips. "Did you just get dolled-up for me?"