Chapter 8

Avery Pov.
"Bring him in." I spoke in my commanding tone.

Two of the younger men sitting at the table got up and walked out the door. They both came back in a few seconds later, but this time with a third person. The person was taken to a nearby wall and he was soon chained by his ankle so he could only walk and move a little bit away. I looked at the man straight in the eyes. He stared back.

   "Kneel to your superiors!" Alan spoke in a deep tone. He was one of the young men who help retrieve the man I was having a staring contest with.

   "Bow your head in respect and kneel! You fùcking leach!!" The other man yelled as he kick the back of the mans knees to make him fall into a kneeling position.

   The mans eyes never left mine, the whole table looked at me with a form of fright. I earned my respect and I will get it. No one gets to disrespect me and not get away with it! I remain calm and composed though. I've been told that when I'm like this everyone gets scared because they can't tell what I'm going to do or what I'm thinking. I slowly got up and walked toward the man staring him straight into his soul. Disgrace to himself, disgrace to all of those who live, and disgrace to us. As I got close to him the man spoke.

   "Well well, look at the Famous Av-" he began with venom and mockery in his voice.

   "Do not say or use my name in that filthy mouth of yours Jack Marcob. I gave you no such right, did I? I'm Queen to you if anything." I spoke authoritatively.

   "You are not anything to me!" He yelled and spit at my feet.

   "Yet I'm the one who holds your fate in my hands, am I right Jake?" I replied back with venom.

   "You won't do anything, you're weak, you were always kind as a kid, I personally don't think anything has changed at least not towards the one's  you love." He spoke sarcastically.

   "Well I don't love you, do good thing we don't have that problem."

   "We all know that's a lie, I'm the closest thing you have to love. I'm the closest one that you could love." His arrogant tone filled the room.

   "Wrong again." I singed.

   "Bow your head to show respect." I ordered.

   "I cannot do such a thing. You don't deserve to be at the head of that table!" He yelled as I stepped closer to him.

   "And you do? You killed the old rulers, the ones who were close to you. You killed all the ones you loved, because what? Oh that's right they never trusted nor wanted you to rule. They wanted me, they were choosing me. You didn't like that though, so you decided to basically kill everyone who was ever close to you. You ended up causing the death of Eliza and Robert Knight. You then fled leaving me to still become next to take over. You also started selling people illegally. To then waste your life on the wrong side." I stared straight through his eyes and I could see him breaking.

   "I deserved that seat! Okay, let's say I didn't do what I did too, let's say none of that stuff happened.. You would not be how you are now -you probably wouldn't be this strong or living like you used to be. Cause guess what everything you are, is beside of me! I taught you and took care of you and your kind heart. Then I did things and made you into the person you are now! Everything you are is because of me sweetheart." His voice dripped with venom and he tried to swing at me, but I quickly dodge it.