The Kidnapping

The lighting crackled across the blood red sky and the sun started to flicker. Chaos had been released on Earth and the whole world knew it. The U.S consulted with other powerful countries and tried to figure out what was happening to their precious sky.

          "Daddy? I'm scared!" Little Iris squealed to President Kain. The fear in her dark brown eyes dug a painful hole in her fathers heart. He couldn't stand to see her so frightened.

          "It's okay sweetheart, Daddy's going to fix everything. Just try and get some sleep." He walked her back to her room and tucked her in. He doubled the security guards and kept a doctor close, incase anything happened.

"Mr. Richards? Can you tell me a story?" Iris knew all of the security guards very well. Whenever her dad was like busy, which was pretty much all the time, she spent time with the guards. They'd play games and talk and every night Mr. Richards would tell Iris a story  before she fell asleep.

"Not tonight Iris." He frowned, but the little girl just smiled and told him it was okay. Whenever times got tough she just smiled because she knew it was in God's hands and everything would work itself out. Iris closed her eyes and let her imagination take control. She thought of different reasons the sky had changed so drastically. Whatever her innocent mind thought of, it always had something to do with magic. It wasn't that far off of reality. A special group of humans learned to master the art of magic, but most abused their power. President Kain believed these 'magihumans' were the reason for the mysterious sky issue.

         And he was right.

         A sparkling purple fire ball came flying through the window, shattering the thin glass, and burning the rug on the hardwood floors.

         "Iris!" Mr. Richards yelled. She immediately awoke from her daze and sprung out of bed. The fire spread up onto the drapes of her bed and along the hand embroidered curtains. More flaming fire balls were hurled through the window and the purple flame consumed the entire room. The security didn't know what to do. Mr. Richards ran through the fire and carried Iris, protecting her with his body. Even her practically permanent smile had disappeared in the fire.

         Mr. Richards and the other security guards tried to get through the hall and out of the burning mansion but the fire spread almost immediately. It had to have been enchanted to move that fast. They were trapped.

         "We don't have to survive, but Iris, she needs to live! Do whatever it takes for her to stay safe." Mr. Richards states nobly and the rest of the crew nods.

         A figure forms in the bedroom window, but it's too dark to make out thanks to the waves of heat and clouds of smoke.

         "Firemen?!" Exclaims one of the security members.  The group squints through the smoke and screams loudly with their scratchy throats. The shady figure gets closer, but it's not a fireman. He shoots a blast that strikes all the security down. Iris crashes into the flames as Mr. Richards drops her. Her screams echo loud enough for the whole mansion to hear. The figure swoops in and lifts her up and then he soars out of the same window he entered through.

         Iris clutches to the man for dear life worrying he would drop her on the ground to die on the hard azfault.

          "Put me down!" She screams helplessly.

         "Not even a thank you for saving your life?" His voice was deep and spooky and only made the girl more scared.

         "You hurt my friends! Just let me see my daddy!" She cries. The mysterious man dove down and grabbed the president, dodging all the security's bullets.