Fat Lady . . . Gone

Defense against the dark arts is now everyone's all time favorite, well, except Draco and his gang. Anyway, the last few lessons were the best of all time. We had Red Caps, creature that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed. Kappas was next; creepy water-dwellers that look like scaly monkeys with webbed hands that are inching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

Anyway, Harry just went to a Quidditch meeting. I was left in the common room with Hermione, Ron was somewhere? Who knows where? Hermione and I are trying to do our homework, we find that it's the perfect time to since no one is around.

"Excuse me, are you Pennelope?"

I looked up from my homework and saw a little first year, she had light blue eyes and black hair. I smiled up at her and nodded.

"Great! I've been asking around and people said you'd be in here," she said relieved. "Okay, back to the point. Dumbledore wants to see you, he says it's important."

I shot Hermione a nervous look. I stood up and thanked the girl. "Oh and what's your name?" I asked.

"Jane. Jane Hollykrop!"

I smiled and walked out the portrait hole. What does Dumbledore want. I didn't do anything bad, at least I don't think I did . . .

I reached the entrance to Dumbledore's office. The two gargoyles sitting in front of the entrance.

"Ummmmm. Dumbledore wanted to see me," I told the gargoyle.

"Well then, what's the password?" The one on the left said.

"Hmm, Harry?" I asked.

"Close!" The one on the right said.

"Harry and Pennelope?"

"Correct," they said and jumped apart.

Well, that's a strange password. I walked on the platform as it moved.

I knocked on Dumbledore's office door. "Come in." A soft voice said on the other side.

I walked in and sat down on a chair.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked nervously.

"Why yes, although you're not in trouble," he said. I relaxed a little. "Pennelope, your parents will was found."

My head snapped towards him.

"My p-p-parents?" I asked.

"Yes dear, I shall read to you first your mothers." He pulled out a parchment and began.

"To my wonderful daughter Pennelope I give her a locket." Dumbledore handed me a locket. "When I married Andrew Jone and had Pennelope I got a magical locket. Inside you will see your father and I. Pennelope, I want you to wear it at all times. It will protect you." He smiled at me as I opened the locket, a picture of my mother and father was inside, they were smiling at me and waving. "Now I shall read your fathers. . .

To my wonderful daughter I leave her one of the most important thing to me. Sadly I can't leave you your mother so I left the second most important thing to me. I leave you my wand."

I smiled.

"We also found something I believe is yours."

He handed me a teddy bear. My name was stitched on the belly.

"What were their names, you know, my parents," I asked.

"Catherine Anne Jone. And, Andrew Dee Jone."

Catherine and Andrew Jone. . . Has a nice ring to it.

"Thank you sir. I'll treat them well."

"They leave many things in this will, but they left you the most important. I also have a picture for you, I found this in the ruins of your house," Dumbledore said.