Apocalyptic Love

Start bij het begin

    AfterA few moments the video was coming to a close when Dan said to stay at the end for a PSA. Phil wanted to watch what he had to say but Dan just took the phone away. "Okay, let's go get some food, yeah?" He suggested as he got up from her bed where they were laying. Phil huffed in annoyance as she crossed her arms in a pout. "What?" Dan asked. "You didn't let me finish the video." She pouted. Dan sighed in annoyance. "It was literally me just announceing to go follow my twitter, that is all." He assured her as she got up. "Fine. Let's go." Phil said, signaling Dan had won. The two got into Dan's car as they drove for awhile, listening to whatever was on the radio and just enjoying the others company. "So what are you going to do about your parents?" Dan asked as he turned the radio down. Phil knew this conversation was bound to happen as she slumped into her seat. "I honestly don't know.." She whispered as she stared at the road. What could she do? Her father would kick her out but then her mom was a blurred line. What would her mom do. "Didn't you say your mom accepted you? Maybe she can do something about your father." Dan suggested but Phil shook her head. "I can't ask her to choose between us." Phil sadly said as she did the thing where she stares at her hands. Dan hated when she did that. It meant she was scared.

    He reached over the seat and grabbed one of her hands and held it as he drove. Phil smiled and decided not to think about it for now. "So where are we going anyway?" She asked. "You'll see." Dan said as they continued down the road.

    After about another twenty minutes they arrived at a Grocery store. "Umm, why are we here?" Phil asked, slightly amused. Dan just laughed. "Come on." He said as they walked in. He immediatelly went to what appeared to be the home decor and whicker isle. Phil was now extremely confused until she saw him get a basket. "A picnic?" She asked giggling slightly. He only nodded as they went to get some sandwich supplies and fruit. "What do you like on your sandwich?" He asked her as they stood in the deli while a guy awaited their order. "Peanut butter and jelly.." She muttered, feeling shy once again. She didn't usually order her food because her mom did. Dan stared fondly at her as he put an arm around her. "One peanut butter and Jelly and a ham and cheese." He ordered as they waited for the food. "Oh! I almost forgot. I'll be right back." He said as he ran off some where. Phil sighed nervously as she grabbed the food, placeing it in the basket. She began roaming the store until she finally spotted Dan in the flowers. "Whta are you doing?" She asked him. He jumped when he saw her. "Aww, I was going to suprise you." He said sadly. Phil laughed before turning away and closing her eyes. "Well what if I close my eyes and you can suprise me with whatever you choose." She smiled. Dan let out a laugh as he grabbed the multicolored Daisies, knowing they were her favorite. The two went through check out, Phil making sure not to look at the flowers as they paid for the things and loading the car up before leaving.

    "Where are we having this picnic?" She asked. "Well telling you wouldn't be much fun would it?" He said, glancing at her. Phil nodded as she turned the radio on. Phil smiled as she heard Dan hummed to the beat. 'Cars and Telephones' by 'Arcade Fire' was playing. Dan would never admit it but he loved this song. Phil thought back to the karaoke party. Dan was actually a good singer. "Over the interstate, god saying 'hurry don't be late'." Phil sang as she looked over at Dan who was singing with her. Pretty soon they both burst into song as they drove down the road, the sun finally fully up as it shined across the world. Finally they arrived at what appeared to be their school. "You want to have a picnic at school?" She questioned. He gave her a look and soon she put two and two together. The courtyard. Their secret spot they would meet up at in the middle of school or after. They quietly slid through the gate and laughed as they met up in the middle and laid out a blanket from Dans car and placed the basket. Dan turned on some music from his phone. Phil immediately recognized it. 'Pulaski at Night'. She twirled in circles to the song. Dan laid down and just watched her dance around the trees. He then remembered the flowers and snuck one daisy from the bunch and crept over to Phil when she wasn't looking as he slid one in her hair. She jumped slightly before pulling it from her hair and smiled. She gave it a sniff before giving Dan a kiss on the cheek. "Dance with me?" She asked as the violin began playing. Dan didn't hesitate to grab her hand and hip as they skipped around in a fast waltz. They slowed as the song came to a close before pushing their lips together in a sweet slow kiss. "Food?" He asked. "Food. She agreed.