The Girl With Tattoos (20)

Why me lord. Why me.

The tears threatened to burst outta me like an explosion of makeup and depression.

I thought Ryker was locked away in his room, lounging away his sadness? Had Jason told him and Ryker decided to betray my wishes? I don't understand what's happening right now.

My mind was filled with thoughts all ending with death.

Why would I even choose this town? So close to home.

Fucking hell.

I'm an idiot, a full on dumbass. What if they noticed me? Worse, what if they saw Bann and his family? I may not be a fan of his annoying mother but I don't think I can handle being the cause of someone's death. Bann was so sweet, he doesn't deserve something like this.

I sat there on the edge of the public restroom, feeling the pity for myself rush through my veins.

Maybe I should leave? No, that wouldn't work.

Fuck. 

✦✧✦

The sound of the restroom door being forced open and shut 10 minutes later echoed throughout the otherwise empty room. Their heels clicked against the floor as she went into the stall 3 next to mine.

I've been here for too long, they probably think I died or something. 

Well, in reality, I could actually die.

When the lady left, I brushed the hair from my face and sat up, adjusting myself without a mirror.

Just don't look at them, I told myself, knowing full well how impossible that's going to be.

I need to leave before I have a panic attack in a fucking bathroom toilet. Soon, I broke free from the chains of the bathroom and I slowly inched my way back to the booth we sat at.

Mrs. Larson's bright eyes dulled into mine as she realized I was still alive.

"Are you okay, sweetie? I didn't want to come after you since I thought you just needed a bathroom break. Let's just hope you didn't cause any trouble, " Wow, I guess she really doesn't trust me. Shrugging, as per usual, Bann turned around just in time for me to push him aside and sit down.

For the second time today, his lips came into contact with my ear. "You okay, G?" He asked, his light tone entering my mind breathlessly. I nodded at him slightly, my eyes wandering everywhere but his or the death table too close for comfort. "I can sense something is wrong. Don't you dare keep it from me," I turned my head slightly to my right, allowing me to see his perfectly crafted face. I mouthed 'I'm fine' to him, hoping he would stop bugging me. Bann clenched his jaw, the muscle bulging out near his ear. His irritation didn't go unnoticed, but he caught my message and leaned back calmy, but not very much.

"We ordered a few minutes ago." His dad sliced the silence lingering in the air around the table. "I hope Bann didn't fuck up your order." Bann rolled his eyes as Mrs. Larson slapped his arm loudly.

"Language, Smith." He rubbed his arm, looking at his wife like she was crazy and she probably was.

"God. I didn't deserve that. All I said was fuck." He leaned forward, chugging half his drink that was probably alcoholic.

"And all I said was language. How about you watch what you say?" Mrs. Larson's aggravation was running off her in waves. Damn, she hates curse words.

"How about," Bann spoke up from the abyss and put his left hand on the booth, near my thigh. Lord. "We just not fight. Sounds like something worth my time."

"Honey, we're not fighting. Merely just having a conversation about cursing. Right, babe?" Her pissed off husband rolled his eyes, sipping at his beverage. "See, he's all good."

All good my ass. 

"A conversation isn't the same as arguing." Bann leaned back into the seat, his head hanging off the edge. His arms were crossed and eyes shut, like something really just pinched a nerve.

Is it because I didn't say what made me left?

My finger poked Bann near the cheek but mostly on the jaw. He flinched slightly and peeked over at me. Winking, he chuckled so softly I hardly even saw it happen. Pushing him with my arm, he retaliated and pushed me back, poking me on the thigh.

"Don't start a game you can't finish." I already finished the game by making you laugh. I still smiled at him though, a smile saying 'bring it on bitch.'

For a few moments, my mind strayed from the two men eating together. From the world outside of this restaurant. Away from the 'not arguing' couple in front of me. My mind was strictly on Bann and Bann only.