• Chapter 16 •

Skye's P.O.V

"You know what, Joey? That's a good idea." I say, and there's no going back. I'll just have to get Nick in on it. I hug Joey tightly, wrapping my arm around his neck. He hugs back and I smile. "Thanks Joey. For everything. You're good for advice," I say, chuckling.

"No problem Skye. Good luck." He says, and I walk out of his room to find Nick.

"Hey guys. Anyone seen Nick?" I ask, and Cat nods.

"Yep, he's in his room. He seemed pretty upset, I don't know why." She says, and I nod. Okay, so he didn't tell them, that's okay, we can keep this drama between the 4 of us. 5, counting Joey, I guess. I walk into Nicks room.

"Hey Nick? Can I suggest something? To, ya know.. Get them back? You know, a taste of their own medicine..." I say, shuddering slightly when I say 'them'.

"Shoot it." His eyes are puffy and I sit down next to him on his bed and hug him, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Joey suggested it, actually. He said we should.. Um.. Make them catch us making out... Ya know?" Well that was awkward.

But he nods slowly. "Yea. Yea, that's a good idea." He says. "Well, we should do it today." He says, and I nod. Okay. Well, we'll give it a shot... "Now? To get it over with." He asks, and I simply nod.

"Right. Uh." I say awkwardly. "Well, we'll have to get someone to get them to come in here. I can ask Cat or Joey?" I say.

"Yea, get Cat." He says, and I nod and walk out.
THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AWKWARD.... Anyway, I walk up to cat, she's on the couch.

"Hey cat..?" I say.

"Yea?" She says, looking at me, and smiles. She's so genuinely nice, unlike someone..

"Come with me." I say, and tug her hand and bring her into the bathroom.

"When you see Mark and Charlotte, tell them to go into Nicks room, okay? Don't ask why. I'll tell you later." I say, and she just nods. I walk back to Nick.

Cat's P.O.V (if you're wondering she's Mario Selmans sister, she's so pretty and nice. Her full name is Catalina I think, but everyone just calls her cat. This is her down there. 💕)

(That's Cat if you didn't read that a/n thingy lol ^)

Well that was weird, Skye just asked me to get Mark and Charlotte to go to Nicks room. I watch her walk out and walk out after her, and we both notice Mark and Charlotte sitting on a couch together.. Abnormally close... Okay. Skye looks at me, signalling to get them, and I nod.

"Hey Mark? And.. You?" I say, and smile sweetly-sarcastic at Charlotte. She scoffs. "Can you go into Nicks room? I don't know why, Skye and Nick told me to get you guys to go in there. Thanks." I say, and Mark nods and smiles at me, and they walk over to Nicks room.

Skye's P.O.V

I sit back beside Nick. "Let's get this over with, okay? And it doesn't mean anything, right?" He says, and I nod. And straight away, he leans in and puts his mouth on mine, connecting our lips. I have my mouth open slightly already since the whole plan was to make out in front of them. He slips his tongue in my mouth, and he wins dominance, and pushes me down on the bed, so he's hovering over me, as Mark and Charlotte did... He's a great kisser. Not as good as Mark, but not far off at ALL. I don't feel anything though. Not like I did with Mark. No sparks, fireworks. I can tell he feels nothing either, and I'm relived. Not that I'm complaining, this doesn't mean anything. Then we hear it, the door opening. 2 pairs of footsteps.

"Gu- Oh my god." Mark. I can hear his heart sinking, breaking, like mine did.

          He saw us. I feel awful. I don't know why. I should feel good. We pretend we don't hear them, and Charlotte shrieks. It's not a shriek as in 'GET THE HELL OFF MY BOYFRIEND!' My heart is breaking!' Type of shriek, just a shriek in shock. I don't know why. She was the one who made out with my boyfriend, so..
I was meant to keep kissing Nick, that was the plan. But I couldn't. I ripped my lips off his and looked at Mark. He was staring at me, his eyes different. Cracking. Slightly wet, from tears I'm guessing; yes, one caught on his bottom eyelash. Time stops as we stare at each other.
My stare was an 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But you started this.' stare, and his was just.. A heartbreaking one. I can't take it anymore. I burst into tears and push Nick off me, running to Mark, kicking Charlotte out of the way. I jump into his arms. Wrap my arms around his neck, and his automatically wrap around my waist. Like we used to do, when we hugged. That makes me cry more.
I cry into his chest. He doesn't say anything. Nick pats my back gently and shoves Charlotte out of the room, with him. I hear them shouting at each other immediately, but that's not what we do. He picks me up gently and sets me down on the bed, and we lie there together, me soaking his t-shirt from crying. I'm trying to stop, so I'm at that stage where you sniffle and make these awful snorty sounds. I look in his eyes. He gorgeous ocean blue eyes, filled with a sea of sadness.

"Mark. I-i..." I start. "Nick and I saw you and Charlotte..." That's all I need to say, he nods. "You realise we can never be repaired, us, our relationship, you know that, right?" I say, my voice cracking, and he nods. Again. It's awful with him not speaking, I've missed his voice. "Talk. It's awful with you being silent." I say, and lay my head on his chest. But then a tear hits my head, followed by more.

"Skye. You know that girl I visited, the sick one, the one that only had a couple days to live? The one that we thought would survive, she lived for months? The girl that was friends with the one you visited?" He says, and I stare at him. Me, Mark, Loren, and a lot of other people went to London a few months back, to visit poor, dying children in hospital that were fans of us, it was their last wish. We adopted one each for a day, spending the day with them. Unfortunately Loren and everyone else's died a few days later, and everyone was heartbroken. But Mark and I's survived, making them become best friends. I have a feeling I know what he's going to say, and his tone isn't exactly 'they're better! They're alive! They're out of hospital, Skye! They're perfectly fine!' Or anything like that.

"Yes, of course I remember them, yours was named... What was it? Sofia. That's what it was, and mine was named May." I say, and my voice cracked when I said May. Beautiful May. She was the girl I adopted for the day. She was the sweetest person I've ever met.

     "Yea. Well, they're not looking so good, they're at an unstable point. Skye, they have a few days to live. For real this time." He says. I look at him in the eyes and a tear rolls down my cheek. He rubs it off with his thumb, but more keep coming, flooding my face and his thumb. "Their parents want us to visit them again. Tomorrow. We've booked the flights, we'll be missing some of Digi, but I knew you'd rather go see them than Digi." He says, and I just nod. "Come on princess, we have to pack." He doesn't say princess the same way he used to. He says it as a friendly way. Not romantic. I nod and hug him, once again flooding his t-shirt with my salty, clear tear drops.

End of Chapter 16
:( I cried writing this..