Horse Lovers Paradise (4)

Chapter 4

Testing and Meeting Eric

"Hey Shannon. What's up?" I called when I walked towards the office, noticing Shannon and a guy walking together.

"Nothing. Jacob and I are just going to the Sweet Shop" Shannon explained. I glanced at the guy beside her; he was about the same height as her, maybe slightly shorter. He had bleached blond hair with light blue eyes. I then glanced at Shannon who was staring at Jacob while Jacob was staring at me.

"You're the girl that snapped at Veronica in front of the school, right?" Jacob asked, his expression unreadable. I chuckled before nodding my head, confirming his thoughts. "Do you have a death wish?"

"It looks that way, huh?" I asked sarcastically. I then smiled at them before saying "Ok, I hope you guys have heaps of fun" before turning and continuing my walk towards the office. Right now, Sarah was with Clare and they were doing nails and facials in our room, they offered for me to join them, but I politely declined the offer and told them I was going to go exploring through the school. I glanced around the courtyard, there was a cute little rose garden in one corner and dome lines printed on the ground for games. I turned to my left and walked along a small stone path, which, to my surprise lead to a pond. There were some trees around it, providing shade but in the middle of all the trees was a large pond. I could see myself in the future sitting in the shade with some friends studying before tests or exams. I shrugged the thought off, as I was already getting nervous about the work load. I sat gently on the edge of the pond before thinking everything through, in the last week I had said goodbye to my normal life, to my friends, family and the horses I had grown up with, and the people who taught me everything I know; but I wouldn't change it for the world, here I knew I was going to improve my riding skills, I had friendships which were going to strengthen and most of all my horse was here with me. It was hard to believe that I had my own horse, I had been begging all my life and now my wishes had come true. Casper was my horse.

"Hey" a voice called behind me, I stood quickly, startled by the new noise. I turned my body around and glanced at the suspect who nearly gave me a heart attack. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't expect anyone else to be here" the person continued. I glanced at the person. He was a couple inches taller than me; he had brown hair with perfect brown eyes. I smiled at him, suddenly feeling self-conscious in his presence. He was so cute.

"It's alright. I'm Ella" I introduced taking a seat again and looking at some birds playing on top of the water.

"I'm Eric. What are you doing down here? I thought I was the only one who knew about this place" Eric explained taking a seat near me.

"I was bored, so I started exploring and I found a track, so me being me, I followed it and it lead down here." I explained. "Why, is this place like a huge secret?"

"It's not. We're like the only students who know about it though, it's not on any of the maps and teachers try and not encourage the students down here" Eric explained. I nodded my head before we feel into a comfortable silence.

"Can I ask you something?" Eric asked, I nodded biting back my smile. "Are you the girl who snapped at Veronica about the scholarship?" Ok. Not what I hoped he was going to ask me.

"Yep" I said popping the p. "That girl deserves everything that's thrown at her" I said rolling my eyes.

"Agreed. The talk about you buzzing around the school is huge though, my friends and I think you're really cool" Eric said. I blushed before he continued "you know she is going try and make your life like a living hell because you stood up to her. No one at this school has ever done that before, I mean a couple of people have tried but they didn't get anywhere. They are too afraid she will kill their social status"