Kansas Chainsaw

Sean and Mike cuddled together on the couch as the TV blared. Kansas Chainsaw was on, Sean's favorite movie. Mike, however, hated it.

"Can we please change the channel?" Mike whined, throwing his body over the side of the sofa. This was the worst kind of torture the man could imagine; Being trapped inside a rundown apartment on a Friday night, watching the scariest movie known to man.

A woman was screaming and crying in the middle of the night. A man with a chainsaw and a mask made of worn out leather jumped out from behind a tree and chased her. Mike hid under Sean's arms in fear.

"Babe, it's okay. It's not real," the drummer said to the trembling man in his hands.

Mike took a deep breath in and looked back up at the bright screen with one eye closed. All he seen was the lady getting her throat slit with the killer's long, scratchy nails. He whimpered and went back down to his safe place.

The murderer was about to slice the girl's boyfriend to bits when the television screen went all black. Mike squealed, and his boyfriend hugged his shaking body.

"It's just the power," Sean said.

"But why's it out?" Mike cried. The man with the nose ring shrugged his shoulders. "I'll go check," he stated, pushing Mike upright onto the couch and heading outback to see what happened.

It was pitch black outside, and raindrops hit the man's skin immediately. Sean tried flipping on the switch to the back porch light, but scolded himself. The power was still out, of course.

He tripped on a huge dead branch that scraped his leg, leaving a big bloody scratch. "Damn you, stick!" he cursed out of anger. The scowl he wore never left his face as he examined the backyard.

"What am I doing out here again?" the dark haired guy wondered. He was about to head back inside to find out, but his ears picked up a rustling in the bushes and low whispering. Slowly, he turned his body towards the rose bush a few feet away. A cool gust of wind blew ferociously, and the sky was cloudy and dark as the yellow moon shone behind it.

The crunching of leaves could be heard from behind him, and he jerked his head back. Sean didn't see a thing but the dead grass in the backyard. He shrugged it off and looked back up at the Seattle sky.

The loud ruckus from the greenery shook him of his peaceful state of mind. Before he could investigate the noise, he was hit on the back of the head with a frying pan. Sean was knocked out cold in the hands of whoever, feeling nothing but the midnight air as rain poured down on his body.

"Jerry, what the hell!" Layne yelled.

"I thought he was going to see me!" Jer shouted back. It wasn't the complete truth; He just wanted to get Sean back for breaking a table over his head the day before. Jerry shuddered at the thought of the incident.

The two men dragged the drummer through the backdoor. "He weighs so much more than me," the singer whined. "Well, you're a twig," Jerry informed him.

Layne glared at the blonde. "So are you!" "Am not!" Jer said in a tone of finality. "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!" Layne said, his voice rising. "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am no-"

"SEAN!!!"

An ear piercing screech came from Mike, who was on the floor cradling his lover's head. "What did you guys do to him!" he cried out between sobs.

"It was a murderer," Layne stuttered way too quickly.

The guitar player bobbed his head up and down, hiding behind Layne out of fear of what Mike might do to him if he knew he hit Sean in the head.

Mike picked Sean up easily and carried him to the couch. He slapped his face left and right, pouting and crying hysterically.

Finally, the drummer's eyelids fluttered open. He swatted Mike's hands way and sat up. As soon as he did, he regretted it and laid his head back down on his boyfriend's comfortable lap. Mike kissed Sean's forehead and explained that some deranged murderer beat him up and was about to kill him, but Layne and Jerry got there just in time. The two boys nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well, it sucks I couldn't die," Sean said, "But atleast the power is back on."

The TV was blasting again, and images of a man being killed flashed on the screen. Mike yelped and ran to his bedroom screaming with Sean running after him. Jerry and Layne followed in a similar manner, the lead singer chasing his boyfriend down the hallway and carrying him to the room they shared.

All four boys slept peacefully, including Sean, who couldn't stop thinking about being near butchered only minutes ago. It spread a big grin across his face as he drifted off to sleep.