Chapter 5

Killian's POV

  I watch as Emma's yellow bug drives down the street. I can hardly believe she trust me with her daughter after only meeting about a week ago.

"Can we go see the chips now Killy?" Maisy ask, looking up from her spot by my side.

"Sure little love, lets be on our way."

While walking toward the docks which is only a ten minute walk, Maisy grabs my hand and starts walking along beside me. I look down in surprise at this action

"Mommy says I have to hold a grown ups hand while near the street." She simply tells me as we keep walking along. We eventually reach the docks and we head into the main office first.

"Okay lass, I have to put this life vest of you while we are on the dock and ships. Don't want you falling in now do we?" I saw fastening the vest tightly around her.

We make our way around the docks, checking each ship to make sure everything is in order and nothing looks astray. Maisy is a very obedient child. She stayed by my side at all times never venturing to far  also enjoyed learing things about everything on the ship as well.

"Killy can we go sailing?" Maisy ask me as we walk around the last ship. I look up at the sky and see it looks like a storm is coming.

"I'm sorry lass, but it looks like it's about to rain. How about I take you another time?" I tell her.

"Okay Killy, and we better hurry I don't got my rain boots on." She says running toward the main building.

"Killy I'm hungry." Maisy tells me, while I take off her life jacket.

"How about we stop and get some Granny's? Does that sound good?" I ask, getting a nod in response.

We soon arived at Granny's diner and we sat in a booth. I ordered a cheese burger while Maisy had chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. We then made it back to my house where Maisy fell asleep while watching cartoons.

There came a knock at my door, and I looked at the time seeing it was close to Emma's arrival time. I open the door and surly enough I see Emma standing there.

"Hello love how was work?" I ask.

"Work was fine, how was Maisy?" She ask me.

"Good she is in the living room sleeping."I tell Emma leading her into the house.

Emma's POV

I make my way into the living room and see my sweet little angel taking her nap. I walk over to her slumbering body and run my finners through her golden locks.

"Hey sweetie it's mommy time to wake up." I whisper, just loud enough for her to hear me.

"Mommy?" Maisy says reaching her arms out to me, in which I take her into my arms and stand up from the couch.

"Yes baby it's mommy, did you have fun today?" I ask as she rubs her tired eyes.

"Uh huh, I like the chips. How was work?" She ask me.

"It was good, I missed you to much though."I say tickling her stomach. "Oh and grandpa and grandma are coming over for dinner with auntie gina." I tell her.

"Can Killy come too?" She ask now more awake then before.

It was then when I realized Killian had been standing at the corridor watching the scene unfold.

"You can cone if you like." I tell him.

"No I don't want to intrude on your family." He tells me rubbing the back of his neck.