Chapter Three

Moving day was a very stressful experience. It was a very hot summer day, and I also had to try and clam a very miserable little princess. Luckily dad had gotten the air conditioner to work, so now Maisy is sitting on her comforter watching Snow White on my laptop.

While I was putting some things away there was a knock at the door, I quickly stopped what I was doing and went to see who it was that came by. As I opened the door my heart stopped, standing there was a very handsome man with bright blue eyes.

"Hello there my name is Killian and I'm your new neighbor. I brought this bottle of wine to welcome you to the neighborhood but then I saw your little lass so I also bought some juice boxes for the little one." Killian says with a big smile.

"That's very kind of you Killian my name is Emma Swan it's nice to meet you. Would you like to come in for some coffee?" I ask him.

"I would love to Swan." He replies with a deviously handsome smirk on his face. I moved aside so he could come in, leading toward the kitchen. I then got the coffee on the pot, and waited for it to brew.

"Mommy?" I hear Maisy call, I turn to see ny daughter standing in the kitchen still in her pjs with her teddy clamped to her chest. When she notices I have noticed her she runs up to me and lifts her arms, silently asking to be held.

"Yes sweetie what's wrong?" I ask putting my forehead to hers. I loved this small intimate moments between us.

"Snow white is over." Maisy tells me tucking her head in the crook of my neck. Snow White was my favorite movie as a little girl, and Maisy had fallen in love with it as well.

"Oh sweetheart, I know you're sad but don't worry. Granpa will be back soon and I am sure he will be more than willing to set uo the tv so you can watch some more movies. Then Grandma will come with dinner and I know she would love to cuddle up with you." I reassure her, kissing her mess of blonde hair.

"Okay. Mommy who that?" She ask pointinng toward Killian.

"That's Mommy's new friend Killian. He lives next door and came over to give us somme juice boxes." I say setting her down.

"He got me juwce?" She ask looking up at me. I simply nod in response. She then ru s towards him hugging his long legs.

"Tank you Killy!" She tells him.

"You're welcome lass." He says rubbing her head with his hand.

My mother and father eventually return, dad had set up the tv and mom had brought home pizza. Killian stayed to help too. And as it was nearing the end of the night, my parents had since gone home. Maisy was dozing off on the pull out couch bed in the living room, watching The Princess and The Frog. Killian and I ee currently in thd kitchen, cleaning up and having some wine.

"That's a beautiful little lass you got there. But I hope you don't mind me asking but I have yet to meet the father."Killian says taking a sip of his wine.

"I haven't either." I tell him. He lifts his eyebrow up in confusion so I decided to better explain myself.

"Maisy is adopted. She was left on my door step Christmas Morning and I didn't have the heart to send her into the system." I explain, staring at my empty wine glass.

FLASHBACK

"Well hello there little one you are just a cute little one." I speak to the baby girl in my arms rocking her back and forth. "Who inbthe world would give up just a precious baby like you?"

Then like that her eyes open and I am lost in a sea of blue eyes. Then the crying starts.

"Oh baby whats wrong. Not need to be afraid I am not going to hurt you." I tell her, but when I see her grabbing at my shirt I understand the reason behind her tears.

Shes hungry.

"Oh no baby, I know you are hungry. How about we go see of my neighbor next door as some spare formula, she just had a baby girl not too long ago."

I make my way to the hallway and up to my neighbors door, knocking on it gently hoping they are awake.

"Oh hello there Emma what are you doing here this early. And who is this cute little one you have in your arms?" My neighbor, Zelena, asks me.

"Hello Zelena. This little girl was left on my doorstep I don't know who she belongs too and shes hungry. I wad wondering if you had any formula left over from Robin I could give her?"

"Why yes I do why don't you come in and I can give you some other things too." She tells me. I soon leave her house with an abundance of infant onesies, some baby formula, some toys and books, and a bassinet. After feed the little girl she calmed doen for a while so I layed her in the bassinet, but almost 10 minutes later she was screaming her little head off again.

"Oh baby why are you crying now? Does your diaper need to be changed?" I ask, sniffing her little but to smell no sent.

The crying went on for a little while longer.

"Oh baby I don't know what to do. Please don't cry anymore please." I say calmly to her patting her back ever so slightly. Then out of no where she lets out an adorable little burp and her crying ceases.

"All you had to do was burp? You silly little girl you."

A little while later

I carry her to my room rolling the bassinet with us. I lay her down whike I change into some Pjs, then I change her diaper and put her in some footies. I feed her one last time, remembering to burp her at the end. She falls asleep in my arms and I can honestly say she is the most adorable baby girl I have ever seen.

And that night I fall asleep in my bed, her bassinet next to me while she sleeps. Holding my finger in her little hand all night.