the dock △ h.s

❄︎

a girl was sitting at a park bench in the fall. she had her notebook in her lap and was writing the dark thoughts that came through her head. the ice-cold wind was brutal and whipping at her with no mercy. done with jotting down her dark thoughts she looked out to the lake, memorized by its beauty.

she didn't look up, or turn to him when he was approaching, but that was when a stranger sat down right next to her. he literally was right next to her like if they were on a crowded bus and the last seat available was beside her. though she didn't mind, she was comforted by his body heat. though his first question caught her off guard.

"would you kiss a stranger?" his eyes staring at the lake, he didn't even glance at her when he asked, she thought that was odd. though she didn't say so, she didn't know him.

"no."

"why?"

"why would i? i wouldn't know them."

"but aren't we all God's children?"

"do you even believe in God?" 

"in a way," he said, then he asked, "do you believe in God?"

"i have my doubts."

"why?"

"why would i tell you?"

"because you'll never see me again."

"how are you so sure?"

"because i'm going to heaven today."

 when he told her that her heart dropped into her stomach, but she tried to keep her expression neutral though it was difficult. they were both still staring at the lake, it glistened as the sunlight hit it. they hadn't made eye contact with each other yet.

"how do you know you're going to heaven?"

"because i do."

her soul wilted slightly, "if you do go to heaven may you do me a favor?"

he didn't reply, so she took it as a yes.

"may you say hi to my brother and grandfather?"

that was when he turned to her. he had memorizing green eyes, very similar to the lake. his curly hair tousled in the wind.

she was still staring at the body of water, fighting hard to keep her expression unreadable.

"okay."

he didn't investigate any further, and she was thankful. she honestly thought he was a strange boy. though she didn't say anything.