Chapter 008.05

Jairus walked inside the house and noticed Sharlene making a smoothie. He just got back from jogging. Sharlene then walked out of the house with her smoothie and went out to the back door.

"This house has a backyard?" He followed her.

To his surprise, the backyard was huge with a pool. Sharlene was just sitting down beside the pool, reading a book and drinking.

"So this is where she goes every morning" he figured.

He decided to join her.

"I'm reading here. Go bother someone else." Sharlene told him.
"Naman Sharlene, you've been like this for the past few days. You ignore me at school already, even here?" Jairus told.
"Stop acting like you don't know anything! You've known all along all this time and you kept quiet!" She closed her book and yelled.
"What are you talking about?! Know what?!" He argued.

Sharlene stood up and decided to leave, but before she could leave Jairus grabbed her arm. She tried to get away from his grip, he wouldn't budge.

"Sorry Sharlene, but I’m not letting you go this time." Jairus apologized.

Next thing he knew, he pulled her close to him and then jumped in the pool, dragging her along.

"What the hell?!!" She pushed her away from him, moving her legs and arms to stay up on the water.
"If you don't tell me what's going on, I'm gonna purposely drown myself!" He threatened her.
"Go ahead! See if I care!" She yelled.
"Fine!" He tested her.

He twisted his legs to prevent himself from staying up on the water. He started sinking, but Sharlene still wouldn't budge. Sharlene let out a disappointed sigh and started swimming away. Jairus noticed this untwisted his legs and swam after her, grabbing her arm. They are in the shallow end of the pool now.

"You would really let me drown?!" He yelled.
"Why should I stop you, you said you're gonna drown yourself!" she mocked.
"Sharlene Naman eh!!! Ano ba kasi?!" he was getting frustrated already.

Sharlene stayed silent for a while. She looked at him. He had a desperate look in his eyes, confused from what he's been trying to find out from her.

"You’re really that desperate to know?" Sharlene started.
"Of course I do! You’re obviously mad at me for something I have no idea about and it irks me!”

She took a deep breath then slapped him.

"What the hell was that for?!" He yelled.
"You've known all this time that I'm Gigi right?! Since I gave you my number?! How could you not tell me?! I thought we were friends?!" She stared at him angrily.

Jairus kept quiet.

"Ano?! Are you just gonna keep quiet?! Say something!!" She slapped the water hard enough so that the splash of the water would hit him.
"Sorry. Would you even stay friends with me once I told you?! I didn't think you wanted to know in the first place! You don't even know how much I’ve been wanting to tell you!" He argued.

This time, Sharlene kept quiet.

"That text this morning." She remembered.
"I wanted to know your reaction." He explained. "Hindi mo naman ako accept diba? You even thought the text was meant for someone else." He added.
"Surprised lang ako. I didn't expect that you would be Totamaries." She finally calmed down.
"Edi ano? Friends na tayo? Ganon ganon nalang? Pagkatapos mo kong pinaghirapan?!"

Sharlene just kept quiet. Jairus noticed Sharlene was about to cry and hugged her.

"I know you're not accepting me as your friend yet and I've caused you enough stress as it is. I'm sorry." He couldn’t stand seeing girls cry.

Tears then started to fall non-stop as he hugged her.

“Just let it out. I’m sorry.” He hugged her tighter.

He then pulled away from Sharlene.

"Hey! Hey look at me." Jairus lifted her chin up.

Sharlene just stared at him, still crying.

"You might not believe me, but I’m still the same person. I’m still the same Totomaries you met and got to know. You can tell me anything. I’ll always be here for you. And if I have to, I will protect you.” He told her. "Okay?" He added with concern.

Sharlene nodded her head in between her tears. Jairus hugged her again and she began to calm down.

*************
//AUTHOR’S NOTE// Thank you for all of you reading this fic. Truly appreciate it. Please keep supporting me by reading my future updates and future fics. Thank you po ulit!! Another update po. Sorry kung medyo late? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did. Happy reading!!!