Chapter Six: Standing Up

Start from the beginning

Leo, Sebastian and Sam followed us as I led the way to our spot. I let go of Becky's hand and sat against a tree. Leo and Sebastian sat on either side of me and Becky and Sam stood in front of us. "Sit down. Both of you." I said with a smile and they sat down. I rested my head on the tree and blew out a deep breath.

"What shifter are you?" Becky asked. Without moving my head, I looked at her, furrowing my brow. The guys and I all looked at her with shock. I lifted my head up and stared at her.

"How do you know?" I asked slowly. If we gave away that we were shifters during that incident with Zac, then the other students must have found out too. She smiled.

"I can sense it." She answered.

"Sense it?" Sam asked, earning a laugh from Becky.

"I'm a witch." She answered. "So is Elise, my sister." I nodded then smiled. I had never met a witch before. The only supernatural I had even met were horse shifters, a were-panther, werewolves, a vampire and a banshee, all due to my time being on the run. It allowed me to make many friends, but when the time came for me to leave them, it was the hardest thing ever.

"Well, I'm a horse shifter. Sebastian is a were-panther. And Leo and Sam are werewolves." Becky bit her lip.

"I sense more than just a horse shifter from you, Cj." She said and my smile faltered as I looked at the ground. Lucky for me, Leo and Sebastian changed the subject and started asking Becky questions about witches and witchcraft. She answered all our questions and told us about the coven she and her family were in. It was interesting to learn something new.

The bell sounded for the end of the school day and I hurried out of my class. Sam caught up to me and I smiled, greeting him."I told my parents about what happened and my uncle found out. He wants you to come to the pack. That way he can talk to you and my family can meet you. Leo and Sebastian are welcome to come too. I already asked them-"

"Has he asked you yet? It will be fun. We're invited to dinner, right?" Sebastian asked. Sam smiled and nodded.

"Sweet!" Leo and Sebastian cheered together, giving each other a high five. I rolled my eyes. Them and their food.

"Come on, Cj. Do it for the food! The food!" Leo said. I snorted and looked at Sam.

"I guess that's a yes then." I said. "But, we're going home first. I want to get changed and grab my phone charger. I forgot it today." I mumbled the last part. Sam nodded and said he was coming with us, and I smiled and nodded. We made our way to the car and drove back to our place. I hopped out once we were there and jogged inside, getting changed, brushing my hair and grabbing my phone charger. I jogged back downstairs and outside. They were all waiting by the car, looking bored. Oh, of course, I took ten years to get ready. I rolled my eyes and looked back up at the sky. "Hey, Sam. How far away is the pack?" I asked.

"Not far, why?" He asked. All three of them looked at me and I smirked.

"Right then, gentlemen. We're going to go in our animal forms. I can easily take your bag Sam." I said. After a debate from Leo and Sebastian, it was settled, we were going in our animal forms. I put my phone and charger in Sam's bag and shifted, taking his bag before he could take it and started trotting away, swishing my tail. I waited for them to shift before I asked which way we were going. Sam motioned in the direction and we set off.