Sad and Broke

"What do you mean we have no money mom."

Normani stood in her nicely sized modern style apartment. She was currently pacing around the room on the phone with her loving mother Andrea.

Word had gotten to her that her fathers income had been stopped due to a very important business partner being arrested for fraud.

To Normani this meant she wouldn't have any more money coming in for her expensive wants.

She was stressing out and running her fingers through her hair breathing hard from annoyance and worry.

"When will he get his account unfrozen."

The next words Normani heard made her almost pass out.

"Four to six months!"

She knew she wouldn't last. Her father made it impossible for her to take money out of her savings account and she only had a few thousand in her bank account.

For a regular person a few thousand would last them a few months but for Normani that wouldn't last her two weeks.

"What am I supposed to do mom. I can't get a job I'm the one spending money not working for it."

Her mom being so supportive and understanding knowing that it's half her fault Normani was spoiled rotten. She said she would try to give her money here and there. It took some pressure off of Normani but not enough.

Normani just shook her head sighing. "Mom don't worry about it I'll figure something out."

This both shocked her and her mother.

They said their goodbye's and I love you's before hanging up.

Normani instantly went on her laptop searching for quick ways to earn money. She searched and searched but everything involved work.

She was about to give up when she came across the word sugar daddy.

She had heard the term before but she never really understood it. Curiosity got the best of her and she clicked on the link.

Ads and photos popped up all over the screen. She scrolled through some of them very interested in the amounts of money being offered. She liked the idea of being paid for being pretty and hanging out with some lonely man.

She slowly looked through them deciding she would get a sugar daddy. None of them really caught her attention till she got to the end on the first page.

It was an ad made by a woman and not a man. The ad wanted an attractive woman who they could spoil. Normani was thrown off by that.

It was a couple who wanted a sugar baby and that made Normani even more interested. She wanted to see how much money they were offering but got a frown when it said they were supposed to meet up.

Normani knew it was dangerous to meet up with complete strangers but she was desperate.

She sent the ad a response with the requirements they asked for and a picture of herself with her phone number. She wouldn't miss a call from them considering her life revolved around her phone.

Normani watched her phone for the next few minutes. No phone call and she started to get antsy.

She was never patient and never had to wait long for anything. She sighed and held her phone tight while walking down the steps to the first floor.