"Naomi, if you could have anything for Christmas, what would you want?" My dad questioned, sitting me on his lap.

I thought for a moment. "Dad, I really want a switchblade. One like yours." 

He started laughing. "Naomi, you do realize that you're only ten years old." 

I shrugged. "I know, but don't you want me to feel and be safe?" 

He pondered on my question and grabbed something out of his back pocket. It was his switchblade. My eyes were huge as he handed it to me. "But, Dad, this is your favorite switchblade." 

He grinned at me and kissed me on the cheek. "I know that, baby doll, but when you love something, sometimes you just have to let it go." 

I smiled from ear to ear and pulled him into a hug. "I love you, Dad." 

He ruffled my hair. "I love you more, Naomi." 

//

THAT WAS THE last time I ever said I love you to anyone. My dad. Nine years ago. After that was when my mom died and my dad completely changed. 

I took a deep, shaky breath and stood up. "Naomi, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to be out on your own." The police officer warned. 

"I don't care." I snapped, running out of the police station. 

I ran as fast as I could, not even caring about the burning sensation on the soles of my feet. I kept biting back my tears. I can't cry. I haven't cried in a long time and I'm not going to make this the first. 

My feet somehow found its way to Buck's. I probably shouldn't be drinking again, considering my migraine just passed, but at the moment, I don't care what happens to me. 

I pushed through the door, showing an empty Buck's. This place was never usually empty, but sometimes when Buck needs alone time, he closes it down. His head shot up when he saw me. "Naomi, you comin' back here to drink even more?" 

I didn't talk or even nod my head. I just sat down on the bar stool, looking straight ahead. I couldn't move, or do anything. Just sit there, keeping my gaze on the table. 

"Hey, Naomi, what's wrong?" 

I heard footsteps coming downstairs. "What the hell is she doing back here?" Dally asked in a harsh tone. 

I could see from the corner of my eye, Buck was shaking his head, telling Dally to cut off the harsh tone. Dally sat beside me. "Naomi, what the hell is wrong?"

I kept staring into space and before they could ask me anything, the news reporter's voice came up on the radio that Buck had sitting on the table. 

"At seven in the morning today, Aaron Reid, a father to a daughter, got shot in his car in front of the grocery store. Police are still trying to find out who shot Mr. Reid, but until then, stay inside the comfort of your home." 

Buck immediately turned off the radio and him and Dally went silent, watching to see what I would do. I just kept sitting there, staring at that same spot of wood on the table. "Naomi..." Dally's voice was soft, which surprised me, but I still ignored him. 

"I thought you said your old man didn't care about you." Dally spoke, obviously confused. 

I finally found my voice, and it was scratchy. Every word I said, my voice started cracking. "He did care about me. I know that now. I never told you, but my dad was real good to me before my mom died. Even after she died, he still bought food and everything. He just didn't talk to me. He was just as broken as I was, and we both understood that." 

I felt Dally's arm wrap around my shoulder, and I realized that this was the first time I ever opened up to someone that wasn't Maya. 

Someone busted through the door, hooting and hollering. "Man, Dal, you should've seen it. I shot that man and ran out of there so fast-"

The guy stopped when he saw I was there, and I snapped my head up faster than the speed of light. Tim Shepard. 

Anger flew through my veins and I clenched my jaw. "What the hell did you just say?" I growled, taking out my switchblade.

I stood up and started walking towards him slowly, making him back up a little. "Look, Naomi, I-"

"I don't care what you have to say!" I shouted, my voice echoing throughout Buck's. "You killed the last thing that I even remotely loved and you're going to pay for it!" 

I slammed him against the wall, making a picture frame fall off. I held my switchblade up to his neck and before I could do anything else, Dally pulled me away from Tim, holding me in his arms. 

"Naomi, you don't want to go to jail for the same thing he did." Dally whispered, carefully grabbing the switchblade out of my hand. 

My eyes were now bloodshot red and I kept taking deep breaths. I collapsed down onto the ground, making Dally sit beside me. I ran into his arms, and before I knew it, I started crying. 

It was choked out sobs and I couldn't stop. Dally had his arms wrapped around me. "You're Naomi Reid, you don't cry." Dally exclaimed, a confused tone in his voice. 

"I have no idea know who I am!" I screamed, crying even more. 

Dally sighed, rubbing his fingers through my hair. We sat like that for an hour. In the middle of the floor of Buck's, him holding me while I cried out every single bit of water left in my body. 

And I think that day, one side of my wall got tore down. There was no fixing. I was letting someone in. 

Dally

//

currently me