her.

Lauren didn't like to be stared at. It's not like she despises it with a inner fuel of hatred, she just felt uncomfortable under someone else's judgment. She didn't like the fact of not knowing what others thought of her, the aura she carried and what perceptions they thought of her. Even when she lived in New York City, where people bustled around in a haste without even looking, the streets crawling with tourists who snapped a picture at everything. But Lauren was a kind of person that would catch everyone's eye for a millisecond, even if they spilled their morning coffee speeding by her.

A beauty of dark wavy hair cascading down her shoulders, a shade of russet brown when the sunlight contacted with her hair. Eccentric green eyes, how even before she said something out of her plump and inviting lips, her eyes seem to speak for themselves.

The depths of her eyes changed from day to day, from a full forest green, to a splatter of art, a pigment of green and a thin rim of light blue around her irises, hazel blossoming around the black pupil. Or some days, where her eyes were completely grey. Translucent and empty, as if any sprout of emotion didn't await in her, that she was a numb and heartless beauty.

Otherwise, the pale complexion she had, the lightest shade of tan on her skin as the winter passed by, and spring welcomed the earth with opening arms. Which contrasted with her usual dark clothes, the start of the season's flowers blooming melodious colors.

Lauren didn't really like to be stared at, but she liked to stare a lot. Hypocritical, she knows. But, that's what she was doing as of right now.

Sitting on a bench across the street from two pastel looking houses, green leaves and mosses surrounding the frame of the narrow window and some tangling themselves around the black bars of the stairs. The midnight teal double doors was a rich color, the outside carving of the wooden doors sculpted in etiquette, which complimented the other colors, making the whole appearance of the house serene.

Lauren sat with a sketchbook in her lap, idly tapping her pencil against the base of the paper, trying to get back into her passion of drawing that she lived within her high-school days. Her brain racked for inspiration, or anything that would come to her. She threw her head back against the bench, her black beanie on top of her head loosening at the movement. Looking up at the sky, clear blue and wisps of clouds dancing across the epitome of the earth. She enjoyed the silence away from the noisiness occurrence living in the city. Lauren sat back up a few minutes later, fixing the black beanie on top of her head, when something caught her eye. Or someone.

On the steps of one of the pastel houses across the street, was a girl she hasn't seen before, considering the enormous population. The girl's brunette tresses were pulled back into a ponytail, the waves of her hair flowing against the nape of her neck, and the tips of her locks brushing against the top of her spine. The hair curled from the top of her head to her temples, the ends of her hair curving up into the a dip, grazing softly against her cheekbones. The mystery girl was clad in a basely white and black polka dot dress, a black polka dot tie knotted into a bow on the collar of her dress. The dress reached the aspect of her thighs, her right foot planted on the floor, while her left leg crossed over her right thigh. Her head was slightly bowed reading the book placed in her lap, her hands delicately grasping the sides of the book, skimming over to the next page with her finger when she finished with the last. The sun beamed at her, her dress and her own skin radiating a glow, like an angel. The girl reading the book, she looked so at peace doing a simple thing, but she looked so elegant.

The girl across the street picked her head up from reading her book, and looking to her right, exhibiting the features of her entire face to Lauren for the first time. The green eyed girl rose her eyebrows, her eyes widening in surprise, she was quite a captivating specimen to look at. Mystery girl looked into the air of oblivion for a moment, living in the embodiment of her thoughts, completely oblivious to the fact somebody was watching her with awe stricken eyes, instead she looked back down at her lap, dwelling herself into the book once again.