Prolouge

August

"August, wake up!"

My reply was muffled when a hypoallergenic pillow came crashing down on my face.

I tried to ignore it, but soon enough I was getting tired off the cotton hitting my face, so I rolled over and glared at the woman in front of me. "What the hell, Fiona?" I growled.

She did nothing but glare at me. Figuring she had nothing to say I pulled my covers back over my face but groaned when they were pulled back.

"Oh my god, what do you want!"

"I want you to control you damn son! If you can't do that, I'll control him myself-"

Not allowing her to keep bitching, I shot up and grabbed the collar of her shirt. "Lay a hand on my damn son, and I swear to god, you'll be living back in yo momma's basement." I growled.

She did nothing but whimper and look away from me.

"You hear me?"

She nodded and pried my fingers away from her shirt and dashed away from me, down the hall and I heard the front door slam shut.

I kissed my teeth and stood up, trudging towards our shared bathroom to get myself ready for today.

****

When I got downstairs, I saw my 2 sons and daughter sitting on the couch. My second youngest, nursing his eye with a bag of frozen corn.

"DAD!" My daughter, Tish, shouted.

I glanced down at her short figure as she came to give me a hug. "Kaleb punched Romeo in the eye, for no damn reason you know!" she said.

I looked at the two boys sitting on the couch, glaring at each other with clear hate in their eyes.

For the 15 years they've been living together, they never got along. Kaleb is 17, going onto 18 next year March, Romeo, just turned 15 yesterday along with Tish, them being twins and having the same mother. Together, the find a way to single Kaleb out.

"Ok, Tish, watch your damn mouth, and you two," I glared over at the adolescents before me, "What the hell is going on?"

Tish picked up a paper and handed it to me. On the paper there was a very familiar woman smoking a hookah stick.

I looked back up at them both and saw Kaleb looking away, tears in  his eyes

I looked back up at them both and saw Kaleb looking away, tears in his eyes. "Fiona was going to throw the picture away, so I grabbed it. Romeo saw it and said, "I'd fuck that bitch into oblivion.' so I punched him." he muttered.

"That's a dumb ass excuse!" Tish shouted. I wasted no time smacking her in the back of her head.

"Before I continue, do either of you two, know who this woman is?" I asked the twins.

They shrugged.

"This is Kaleb's mother. Romeo, apologize." Romeo, muttered a sorry under his breath and Kaleb stood up, took the paper from me and walked into the kitchen.

I followed behind him and saw him pulling a ginger ale from the fridge. "You ok?" I ask.

"No. I don't even know why we let them stay here. You don't even love Fiona."

Before I could reply, Romeo stepped in the kitchen and barked, "Oh really, then where's your mom?"

Tish was behind him, hands on her hip.

"You know what, you two sit down, Tish, go upstairs and in my closet, there's a shoebox. marked with an 'S', go get it for me."

Tish nodded and ran up the stairs.

I looked at both of my sons and sighed. "Ima tell y'all something bout how me and Caleb's momma met."

They nodded. Wish soon came back down and placed the box on the table. I opened the box and pictures with little trinkets came into view.

"Ok, where do I begin...?" I muttered.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

So, this book will be told from multiple POVs, cause I can't stick to just one... but I hope you all enjoy and continue to support me throughout this book as well.