Part 1: A Second Chance At, Drama?

Start from the beginning

“Of course I know that baby, I love you too. By being here for me now you’re protecting me don’t feel that way okay? Please.” She stroked the side of his face running her palm over his scruffy 5’oclock shadow, the feeling caused her hand to tingle from the hairs brushing up against her healing knuckles from putting up a fight with Angela.

He stood up and touched the side of her face before leaning in and kissing her on her soft lips. Taking a moment to look at her and admire her beauty even through the bruises and small scrapes on her face she exuded pure beauty. Against his better judgment this would be his last time speaking to her until he simply was able to wrap his mind around everything that he had found out about the woman he loved.

“I’ll be back a little later, I have to go handle some business.” He lied kissing her on the forehead sealing their fate with one last gesture of love. He knew that this was the last time he would see or speak to her until he felt he was able to accept all the information he had found out about her. If she called he wouldn’t answer, and their relationship would be nothing more than a memory to her as he took his hiatus away from her life as focused on his own.

Sheneka nodded her head and watched Aubrey walk out of the room leaving what felt like a piece of himself behind. Walking passed a sleeping Gabbie and Khleo he tapped her shoulder lightly waking her out of her uncomfortable sleep on the waiting room chairs.

“Sheneka’s awake.” He spoke in a low tone trying his best to hold back the tears that were begging to escape from his heart.

Gabbie popped up out of excitement and joy nearly losing her balance from how quickly she became light headed. She had skipped her physical therapy and treatments from the doctors to come out here and be by Sheneka’s side. Risking their own health to make sure that the other’s health was in place was something the girls did for each other without even a second thought. Aubrey grabbed her arm firmly to avoid her from hitting the ground.

“Try to take it easy, you’re still not 100%.” He added. The persistence and loyalty Gabbie showed to her best friend despite her own health concerns made him feel a bit better about leaving Sheneka behind in the physical state that she was in, now that Gabbie was awake the void in her heart would he filled and he hoped that losing him wouldn’t hurt her as bas. Breaking away from his firm grip she rushed into the hospital room eager to speak to her best friend that she handt spoken to in months.

 Aubrey pulled a small black box from out of his pocket and opened it up to reveal a stunning 10 carat pink diamond engagement ring. He had planned to propose to Sheneka once she got back home from being with Angie, but after reading the letter she left him and the incidents of the night he just couldn’t bring himself to make such a huge commitment to someone who used him. Standing in the middle of the waiting area he ran his large thumb over it and shook his head slightly before putting it back into his pocket. 5 million dollars wasted, on nothing more than a fucking dream. He thought to himself angry that he even let her get this deep into his heart without realizing that it was nothing but a game to her.

Khleo sat and watched as Aubrey zoned out and gazed at what looked like an engagement ring, clenching his teeth out of anger and jealousy he watched as the far more successful and richer man that stole the love of his life’s heart away walked towards the exit of the hospital. I wonder what that shit was about, I hope he doesn’t think that he’s going to marry her that’s all me. He thought to himself silently as he watched Aubrey’s every move with a look of pure hatred etched across his face. In his heart he felt that Sheneka was the one for him, and he would be damned if he got out shined by the popularity vote of “Drake”, she deserved nothing but the best and to him he was the best.

The settle vibration of his phone threw him out of his thought as he stood outside of Sheneka’s cracked hospital room door waiting for the private conversation of the two best friends to end.