E i g h t: "I'm right here."

Summary: In which Riley is deathly afraid of thunderstorms and Farkle is the only one who can calm her down.
•••
It was the start of summer break and the first thunderstorm had already started. Riley Matthews sat on her bed, rocking herself back and forth. She shook as she heard another deathly sound outside and hoped that this would soon pass. Everything was dark around her room. The lights were turned off, the curtains were closed, and all that remained was a very scared Riley Matthews on her bed.

She had tried to calm herself down, taking deep breaths. But that was a bust since every breath she took, another sound of thunder went off. As Riley was sitting on her bed, scared of what was outside, Farkle was already opening her window.

He had known Riley's fear of thunderstorms, and had knew she was lying when she texted him she was fine. He opened the window and the curtains blew out. Farkle entered Riley's room, making sure to close the window before drawing back the curtains.

Riley looked at Farkle, whimpering slightly when another clap of thunder went off. Farkle wasted no time and sat next to Riley, holding her as tight as he could.

Farkle wasn't really scared of thunderstorms, he found that a lighting strike couldn't really hit him based on science. But he knew Riley and he knew how scared she would be at this time.

Riley held on Farkle as the dark sky turned into a cloudy mess. She never knew why Farkle would go out of his way to make her feel safe. She knew how dangerous it was to be out on a thunderstorm. She heard of the stories and just didn't want anything happening to Farkle.

Just then the dark sky appeared and Riley held on Farkle for dear life when she heard another boom outside. Farkle traced circles on her back, calming her down. "I'm right here."

"Farkle, why would come here on a night like this?"

He looked at her window trying to come up with a reasonable answer. "I need to make sure your safe." He squeezed her tight as he said it.

"But I need to make your safe too."

"I am, I'm right here next to you." Riley sighed as the sun came up and thanked God that the dangerous storm had passed. She looked at Farkle before placing a kiss on his cheek. Farkle looked at her blushing a beet red. "What was that for?"

"A thank you for keeping me safe."
•••
honestly, this sucks. like this was rushed and ehh.