Xaez tilted his head and walked toward the lake. I followed him. "This feels so weird." I said again, but it was sunny and nice and hot out so it felt like just a normal day at the beach, but with a Xenomorph.

Xaez ran into the water and swam underneath the waves. I jumped into the water, it was warm and felt so nice to swim in.

I held my breath and dived underneath the water. I could feel Xaez's tail hit my arm. I grabbed at it but it slipped between my fingers. I stayed under the water for about a thirty seconds and went back to the surface.

I gasped for air and kept myself above the water until Xaez popped up. "Xaez!" I called. He swam up beside me. "Hey!" I grabbed onto one of his back spikes, "Swim!!"

Xaez grinned and swam as fast as he could through the water. It felt like a motor boat, I could feel the wind and the water splashing my face as he swam. I began to laugh and tried to keep my grip on his spike but he was going way to fast.

I slipped and went under the water. I quickly held my breath and began to swim in the water until I had to come up for air. Xaez was still swimming as fast as he could. When he noticed me pop up he swam to me and grabbed me, he then dived, slowly, into the water.

Once I knew what he was doing I held my breath and held onto him. When we were both underneath the water he swam like a shark, I had to keep my eyes closed but it still felt really cool, it was like a motor boat but being under the water. It was the best feeling in the world.

Xaez jumped out of the water and dropped me as he dived back underneath like a dolphin. I gasped for air again and began to laugh and splash the water.

When Xaez popped up again he just stayed in one spot, watching me. I smiled at him and swam on my back, I circled him a few times. "This is fun yea know," I laughed again, "You're an extremely good swimmer too, I didn't think a Xenomorph like you could swim," That's when I remembered his markings. I stopped swimming and stared at him, "Your markings!"

Xaez lifted his wrists and tried to jump out of the water a bit to show that the paint on his chest wasn't fading.

"Awesome!" I sighed with relief "I was so worried that it'd fade."

I dived under the water again. Xaez did the same. He swam next to me, I tried to find his claw so I could hold onto it. I could only find his back spike again. I grabbed hold of it and swam for a bit longer. I jumped up to the surface. I began to  front crawl around the water.

Xaez swam up beside me and swam with me.

Suddenly, after a few more minutes of swimming, Xaez screeched in alarm and dived under the water. I thought he was playing so I laughed and splashed the water.

"Hey!" Someone yelled.

I stopped and held my breath as I turned to look at the beach. A marine was standing there and waving. "Hey!" He called again.

I looked at him with shock, "He-... Hey!" I called back and swam back toward the shore.From the distance I was from him I noticed that the marine had darkish skin. I slowly walked out of the water, I was a little embarrassed.

The Marine smiled and sighed, "Thank god, I'm not the only one left." He walked up to me but I growled and walked back. He stopped and stood there, "Oh sorry..."

I glared at him and walked back to my backpack. I put my clothes on over my wet undergarments and put on my holster and vest. "Who are you?" I asked. I didn't dare go near him.

"I'm Prone, I'm a Marine, don't worry I'm not going to hurt you." Prone said. "What's your name?"

"Kat, I'm Kat." I picked up my backpack and swung it around my back, " Why are you here? The city is dead." I stared into his green eyes.