Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

I'm sorting out my bag when I find my diary. "Hey," I say, and everyone looks up. "My diary! I forgot about this. I only did like three entries."

"What're your gonna do with it?" Maya asks.

"Well, I've kind of gone off diaries," I laugh and throw it out the window.

We're almost at King's across when I remember something.

"Ginny - what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tell anyone?"

"Oh, that," says Ginny, giggling. "Well, Percy's got a girlfriend."

Fred drops a stack of books on George's head.

"What?"

"It's that Ravenclaw Prefect, Penelope Clearwater," says Ginny. "That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when she was - you know - attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" she adds anxiously.

"Wouldn't dream of it," says Fred, who's looking as if his birthday has come early.

"Defiantly not," says George, sniggering.

"I told you he had a girlfriend," I say smugly. "You both owe me a galleon."

Grumbling, they hand two over to me.

"All's fair in love and war, and in this cause it's a little bit of both!"

The Hogwarts Express slows and finally stops.

Harry pulls out his quip and some parchment and turns to us.

"This is called a telephone number," he tells Ron, scribbling five times, tearing the parchment in five and handing it to us. "I tell your dad how to use a telephone last summer, he'll know. Call me at the Dursley's, okay? I can't stand another two months with only Dudley to talk to ..."

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" says Hermione, as we get off the train. "When they hear what you did this year?"

"Proud?" says Harry. "Are you mad? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious ..."

Harry, Elinor and Hermione say goodbye and walk back through the gateway to the Muggle world.

"I'll see you when we go back to Hogwarts," says Maya, hugging me tightly.

She's going to Australia for the whole summer. Bitch is leaving me!

Ron, George, Fred and Ginny say goodbye too and hurry over to their parents, leaving me standing awkwardly searching for my mum or dad.

I don't see them, how odd.

I pull my trunk with me as I sit on a bench to wait.

Ten minutes later, they're still not here, and I'm beginning to get a weird feeling in my stomach like something is wrong.

"Emily?" says a voice and I jump.

Mr Weasley is standing next to me, smiling kindly. "Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, just waiting for my parents, I think they might have forgotten."

Awkward.

"Well, I can take u back via floo powder if you want."

"Yeah, sure," I smile weakly, getting to my feet. I wait patiently as Mr Weasley tells his family what he's doing and when he comes back, he takes my trunk and we walk over to the fireplace, taking some floo powder from the side as we do.

"Do you want to go first?" he asks and I nod.

I step into the fireplace, throw the powder in and say "7 Crown Street."

I disappear in a whirl of flames and smoke and I'm suddenly in my fireplace at home. But something is very wrong.

Stepping out, I look at the mess the kitchen is in and gulp. Behind me Mr Weasley appears. He quickly takes out his wand and pulls me behind him. We walk slowly forward and enter the living room.

It's in even worse shape than the kitchen. The sofa has been flipped, the TV is shattered and all the CD's have been blown to bits. And on the floor in pools of blood ...

"Mum," I whisper, "Dad." I break away from Mr Weasley's hold and fall to the floor next to them. "Mummy, please wake up. Daddy, don't leave me."

I begin to sob, unaware of Mr Weasley's spells and the flurry of people arriving. I only realise that I'm not alone, when someone pulls me to my feet.

"NO!" I scream, pulling against them. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO! MUM! DAD!"

"Shhhh," I regnise Professor McGonagall's soft voice, "you can't do anything for them now."

Sobbing harder, I stop fighting and collapse, McGonagall holding me up, watching the healers take my parents away.

"Are they dead?" I ask quietly, hiccuping.

"I don't know," she says, rubbing my back.

I don't know. All I know is that my life is never going to be the same again.

---

DUN DUN DUN

So that's the end of the second book! The third book A Hogwarts Legend: Changing Paths is up now so go along and read that!