Chapter Four

Chapter Four- THE POOR BUTTER, YOU LITTLE SHITE!

Have I mentioned how awesome the Burrow is? There's always noise and someone to talk to, it's awesome!

Mrs Weasley fusses over Harry and I and tries to force us to eat fourth helpings at every meal, which I never say no to. Mr Weasley likes having Hazza and I sitting next to him so that he can bombard us with questions about life with Muggles, asking us to explain how things like plugs and the postal service work.

We hear from Hogwarts one sunny morning about a week after H arrived at The Burrow. I go down to breakfast with Harry and Ron to find Mr and Mrs Weasley and Ginny already sitting the kitchen table.

The moment she sees Harry, Ginny accidentally knocks her porridge bowl to the floor with a loud clatter. Ginny seems very prone to knocking things over whenever Harry enters a room.

She's like a mini fan girl!

Ginny dives under the table to retrieve her bowl and emerges with her face glowing about the same colour as her hair. We sit down (I'm in the middle) and I take the toast Mrs Weasley offers me.

"Letters from school," says Mr Weasley, passing Harry, Ron and I identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry, Emily - doesn't miss a trick, that man. You two've got them, too," he adds, as Fred and George amble in, still in their pyjamas.

Awh, George's hair is all messy, it's cute!

No, bad Emily! He's a friend! Nothing more!

"Remind me to buy some cool coloured ink for this year," I say to no one in particular and tear open my letter.

For a few minutes there is silence as we all read our letters. Blah blah, Hogwarts Express blah blah, September First, blah blah, no bad behaviour, whatever.

Ooooo, new book list!

Second year students will require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk
Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart
Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart
Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart
Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart
Year with a Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Someone really likes Gilderoy Lockhart....

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" Fred says, peering over my shoulder. "The new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan - bet it's a witch."

"This lot won't come cheap," says George, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive ..."

"Well, we'll manage," says Mrs Weasley, but she looks worried. "I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things second hand."

Awh, at least my mum and dad are giving them money for looking after me and for you know, like feeding me....

"Oh, are you starting at Hogwarts this year?" Harry asks Ginny.

No, they're just buying her stuff a couple years early.....

Ginny nods, blushing to the roots of her flaming hair, and puts her elbow in the butter dish.

THE POOR BUTTER, YOU LITTLE SHITE!

Percy walks in, Ron's older brother. He's already dressed, his Hogwarts prefect badge pinned to his knitted tank top.