Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten- "Meet Colin Creevey, Harry's personal fangirl."

I'm so glad it's the weekend! Time to relax after the first week of school.

However, I'm shaken awake several hours earlier than I would've liked by Angelina Johnson.

"What do you want?" I moan.

"Wood's called a Quidditch practise," she mutters.

I grab my glasses and look out the window. There's a thin mist hanging across the pink and gold sky.

"Angelina," I groan, "it's the crack of dawn."

"Apparently it's part of our new training programme. Come on, grab your broom and let's go."

Mumbling darkly, I climb out of bed and try to find my Quidditch robes..

"See you down there," she says, then leaves.

When I find my scarlet team robes and pull my cloak on for warmth, I scribble a note to Hermione, Elinor and Maya, stick it on May's head and go down the spiral staircase to the common room, my Nimbus Two Thousand on my shoulder.

I meet Harry when I enter the common room. He looks as tired as I feel. We don't say anything just nod at each other.

We've just reached the portrait hole when there's a clatter behind us and Colin Creevey comes dashing down the spiral staircase, his camera swinging madly around his neck and something clutched on his hand.

Bet you, that's the photo of him.

I'm betting against myself....

At least I know I'll win!

"I heard someone saying your name on the stairs, Harry! Look what I've got here! I've had it developed, I wanted to show you, your friends as well -"

I look bemusedly at the photo Colin is brandishing at us.

A moving, black and white Lockhart is tugging hard on an arm which I'm guessing is Harry's. His arms putting up quite a fight and refusing to be pulled into view. As I watch, Lockhart gives up and slumps, panting, against the white edge of the picture.

"Will you sign it?" says Colin eagerly.

"No," says Harry flatly.

"Don't worry, I'll make him sign it," I grin at Colin. "But not now, sorry Colin, but we're in a hurry - Quidditch practise."

I climb through the portrait hole, Harry close behind me.

"Oh wow! Wait for me! I've never watched a game of Quidditch before!"

Colin scrambles through the hole after us.

"It'll be really boring," Harry says quickly but I cut him off before he can continue.

"He's kidding, it'll be really interesting!"

I'm enjoying Harry's embarrassment.

Does the make me a bad friend?

Eh, not my problem.

"You are the youngest house players in a hundred year, aren't you?" says Colin, trotting alongside Harry. "You must be brilliant. I've never flown. Is it easy? Is that your own broom? Is that the best one there is?"

"Harry's younger than me, he's the one that's really talented."

Harry glares at me, and I stick my tongue out in retaliation.

"I don't really understand Quidditch," says Colin breathlessly. "Is it true there are four balls? And two of them fly round trying to knock people off their brooms?"