Chapter Six

Chapter Six- Fan-fricking-tastic!

The end of the summer holidays comes too quickly for my liking.

Ew, school.....

On our last evening, Mrs Weasley conjures up an amazing dinner. Fred and George round off the evening with a display of Filibuster fireworks; they fill the kitchen with red and blue stars that bounce from ceiling to wall for at least half an hour.

It takes a long time to get started this morning. We're up at cock-crow, but somehow we still seem to have a lot to do.

Mrs Weasley dashes about in a bad mood looking for spare socks and quills, I keep colliding with people (whoops!), and Mr Weasley nearly brakes his neck, tripping over a stray chicken as he crossed the yard carrying my trunk to the car.

I really don't see how eight people, six large trunks, three owls/phoenix, one dog, one cat and a rat are going to fit into one small Ford Anglia.

But I forgot that well, magic!

"Not a word to Molly," Mr Weasley whispers to Harry and I as he opens the boot and shows us how it's been magically expanded.

When at last we are all in the car, Mrs Weasley glances into the back seat, where Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Percy and I are all sitting for comfortably side by side, and says, "Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?" She and Ginny get into the front seat, which has been stretched so that it resembles a park bench. "I mean, you'd never know it was this roomy from the outside, would you?"

Mr Weasley starts up the engine and we trundle out of the yard. A minute later, we are back at the Burrow; George forgot his fireworks. Five minutes after that, we skid to a halt in the yard so that Fred can run in for his broomstick. We've almost reached the motorway when Ginny shrieks that she's forgotten her diary. By the time she's clambered back into the car, we are running very late.

Uh, it gives me anxiety. I don't like being late for things. Blah!

Mr Weasley glances at his watch and then at his wife. "Molly, dear -"

"No, Arthur."

"No one would see. This little button here is an Invisibility Booster I installed - that'd get us up in the air - then we fly above the clouds. We'd be there in ten minutes and no one would be any the wiser ..."

"I said no, Arthur, not in broad daylight."

They bicker like an old married couple!

That's because they are, duh!

Well not old, but they are the rest of it.

We reach King's Cross at a quarter to eleven. Mr Weasley dashes across the road to get trolleys for our trunks and we all hurry into the station, towards the barrier between platform nine and ten.

"Percy first," says Mrs Weasley, looking nervously at the clock overhead, which shows that we have only five minutes to disappear casually through the barrier.

Percy strides briskly forward and vanishes. Mr Weasley goes next, Fred and George follow.

"I'll take Ginny and you three come right after us," Mrs Weasley tells Harry, Ron and I, grabbing Ginny's hand and setting off. In the blink of an eye they're gone.

"You two first," I tell them.

I'm glad that my pets are with Ginny right now, just in case.

I make sure that Hedwig's cage is secure and then Harry wheels around to face the barrier. Both Harry and Ron bend low over the handles of their trolleys and walk purposefully towards the barrier, gathering speed. A few feet away from it, they break into a run and -