I was about to jump out of her window, but she grabbed me by the back of my jeans, pulling me back. "I finally figured out what's different between you and Dally." 

I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to tell me. She took a deep breath. "Believe it or not, Naomi, you get attached to things. You may not think you do, but you do. You can't tell me you wouldn't be upset if you couldn't talk to me anymore, you would. You probably have even gotten attached to Dally. Hell, you'd even miss your dad because even though he's basically dead inside, you still love him. Even if you think you're not a good person, you are. And I think it may be because no one ever gave you the love you need.... wanted. But, you saved that space in your heart for others, Naomi, and that's what makes you a good person."

She took a deep breath. "Dallas isn't a good person. That's where you two are different." 

I don't know why, but I felt the immediate need to defend Dally. I shook my head. "Dallas is a good person, Maya. You just don't know him like I do." 

I was halfway out her window and she put her hand on top of mine. "Go get him, tiger." 

//

I WAS RUNNING down the street, down to the Curtis's. If Dally wasn't here, then he must be at Buck's. I busted through the door, scaring Two-Bit half to death. "Naomi! I thought you were never going to come back!" Happiness with a mixture of surprise filled his voice as he buried me in a hug. 

I pushed him off. "I don't do hugs, Two. Have you seen Dal anywhere?" 

Two-Bit immediately answered, a smug look on his face. "He's at Buck's. Why? You want him to kiss you again?" 

My eyes went huge. "How the hell do you know about that?" 

Two-Bit started giggling. "Dal doesn't tend to keep quiet when it comes to you."

"Well, I'm going to go find him." I sheepishly replied, running out the door. 

When I arrived at Buck's, I was about to walk upstairs, but heard Buck's voice. "You may not wanna go up there, Reid." 

I turned around, knitting my eyebrows in confusion. "Why not?" 

He hesitated, giving me a look I've never seen before on his face. Sympathy. "Just don't. Trust me when I say you don't want to go up there."

I chuckled, being stubborn. "I appreciate you looking out for me, Buck, but I don't see what's the problem." 

I started walking up the stairs as I continued talking. "I don't see how it's going to affect m-"

I opened Dally's door and saw him with another girl doing... I don't even want to say it. He glanced up when he saw me and shot me a glare. "Get out." 

I closed the door and slowly started walking downstairs. Buck held that same sympathetic expression on his face and held up a bottle of whiskey. "You want this?" 

I nodded my head, sitting down at the bar stool and chugging the whiskey by the bottle. I started handing him money, but he shook his head. "On the house. I think you paid enough, seeing as what went down upstairs." 

It takes a lot to get me drunk since I'm so used to it. I chugged the whole whiskey bottle, making Buck laugh. He handed me another bottle, and I raised my eyebrows, chugging it. After the second bottle, I was piss-drunk. 

"You know what, Buck, why the hell are you being so nice to me?" I slurred, resting my chin on my hand. 

He chuckled and started cleaning wine glasses. "I just feel like being a little nice today, that's all. You and Dally goin' steady? Is that why you're so upset?"