Chapter 2

"Lucy!?" Hanna knocks on the door downstairs

"She's really getting annoying now, you should answer." Logan walks into my room, "How many bags are you packing?"

"Three. I want to get out of Rosewood without any goodbyes. The flight is book, I'll be gone for a while." I tell him.

"You'll love it at Row's Valley." Mom walks in, "I did."

"Are you sure it's the best place for me?" I ask nervously.

"Yes. You need to get out of here after your best friend's death. Come on, the taxi is waiting out front. Lola told Hanna that you're already on your way to school to buy you some time." Mom strokes my hair. 

"I don't see how I'll like it there. It's in the middle of the countryside in England, where there is no cell reception." I sigh, grabbing my suitcases.

"I love you sweetheart, you're going to enjoy Row's Valley." Mom assures me.

"Whatever you say, mom." I smile fakely, hugging my little brother and sister, then my dad.

*A few months later*

"I still can't believe that you left." Spencer says to me through face-time.

"Spencer, hurry up and talk because it's two AM." I moan.

"We're still getting those A texts. But, we've got these weird videos of everybody in Rosewood. I'll forward them?" Spencer suggests.

"Uh. Cool." I rub my eyes.

"We think Ian is A and he killed Ali." She adds.

*********************************************

I get out of the taxi, paying the driver and going into the church

I get out of the taxi, paying the driver and going into the church. I walk up the steps, and into the church, looking around. On the floor is a black bag. Is that Spencer's bag. I quickly run up the stairs to the bell tower, hearing Spencer scream. I watch somebody push...is that Ali's Ian? Ian falls off the tower. The hooded person walks off as the bell starts ringing. I rush to help Spencer.

"Lucy?" She gasps as I help her up.

"It's ok Spencer. Everything is ok." I smile, hugging her.

"SPENCER!" Three voices scream, running up the stairs and over to us.

"Lucy?" Hanna repeats Spencer.

"Are you ok?" One of them asks and the three look at Ian's hanging body.

"You did what you had to do." Aria reassures her.

"That's the thing. She didn't do it." I mutter.

"There's nobody else here." Hanna looks around. "How are you here?"

"I got a tip saying somebody was after you. I came rushing back on the first flight." I reply.

"Maybe he fell." Emily says, but she knows it's not true.

"All I saw was a black hoodie." Spencer cries, recovering from shock.

"A?" Emily mutters.

"Ian killed Alison and he tried to kill me." Spencer says.

"He's dead." Aria tells her, "Ok, it's over. It's over, ok." she brings Spencer to her shoulder to cry.

"Why did you come back?" Emily asks.

"I've been finding out things from in England. I know exactly what happened while I was gone. When I found out Ian killed Ali, I thought it was a different Ian, not that Ian. The point is, I'm back and I'm staying to help you. I shouldn't have left in the first place."

**

The five of us walk down the stairs of the church, arms linked.

"Stop right there!" an officer exclaims and we all turn around. "Is this some kind of a joke?"

"What do you mean?" Spencer asks.

The man points his thumb behind us, "There's nobody in there." He sighs, looking at our shocked faces, "Come with me." He guides us to the bottom of the bell tower and I look up. There's nothing there, just tangled ropes.

**

"Lucy!" I hear somebody shout me. I turn over to see mom, dad, Lola and Logan calling me. I look at the girls and they nod, gesturing for me to go to my family. "We saw all of your stuff back at the house and then we hear that you were with Spencer--" Mom doesn't finish as dad hugs me.

"Are you ok?" Lola asks, wearing boots and a coat over her pajamas. My phone beeps and I look at it.

It's not over until I say it is. Sleep tight while you still can bitches, -A.

I look up, over at the girls and they nod at me.

I haven't had any texts and the first hour of being back in this god foresaken place, I get a text.