Chapter 1

I zipped my suitcase shut and dragged it out of my room and down the hall with me. I walked down the stairs to find my family waiting for me at the bottom.

     "Bye Leah," I said as I hugged my sister. Her small frame squeezed me tight. She was just seventeen, so she wouldn't get her assignment for another year.

     "Bye, sis. I'll miss you," she said softly.

     "I'll miss you too, but we'll talk every chance we can. I promise," I said as I pulled away and gave her my best attempt at a smile.

     My brother Ryan was next. He pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "Bye Amber, you let me know if any boys give you any trouble and I'll come right down." Always the protector, my brother. Due to the fact that my father was Beta of the pack, Ryan did not get reassigned to a new pack. He would one day take over as Beta for my father.

     "I will. Love you, Ryan."

     "Love you, too."

     My father was next and I tried not to cry. I had always been a daddy's girl and today was no exception. A stray tear slipped out and my dad quickly wiped it away. "Be strong my little angel. It's not goodbye. We'll come visit you soon."

     "You better," I said, trying to lighten the mood. My dad gave a small chuckle.

     My mom was in absolute tears by the time I got to her.

     "Please don't cry, Mom. I'll call you everyday and we can video chat and you can come visit and I'll come visit you."

     She just nodded her head and hugged me tight. A horn sounded at the front of the house, indicating my cab had arrived. I didn't want my family to drop me off at the airport because that would have made this ten times harder to do. My dad carried out my suitcase for me and loaded it into the cab. I squeezed everyone goodbye one more time.

     "I promise to call as soon as I get there and get settled in," I said, taking a deep breath. I really didn't want to cry in front of everyone. Every wolf had to leave their family, but that didn't make this any easier.

     The ride to the airport was silent. I paid my cab driver and he unloaded my suitcase onto the sidewalk for me. I got out my ticket and found I was looking for Terminal 23B. I began my walk through the crowded airport quickly locating where I needed to go to find my terminal. My flight was still on time. I quickly skipped through security and walked into the terminal. My flight was already boarding, so I flashed my ticket to the stewardess and walked onto the plane.

     I found my seat to be beside the window and as more and more people boarded, the seats next to me remained empty. For that I was slightly happy. I would have a little peace and quiet before my busy days at my new pack. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes, hoping to drift off to sleep during my flight.

     A gentle shake awoke me. One of the flight attendants stood over me, "We're here, honey."

     "Thank you" I said, moistening my lips.

     I grabbed my carry on and got up to walk down and out of the plane. I stepped out into the busy terminal. I searched the crowd and found two guys holding a signs saying "Amber Reed, Silvermoon"

     I walked up to them smiling brightly. They were both cute. The one to the right had blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. The one to the left had dark hair and chocolate eyes. They were both well built as well. I could see their muscles rippling under their shirts.

     "I believe you're looking for me," I said to them, shyly.

     "Amber? Hey, I'm Luke. I'm the Beta of Silvermoon," the one with dark hair said.

     "Hi, I'm Jace. I'm third in command," the blonde one said, giving me the most dazzling smile I'd ever seen.

     "Nice to meet you both," I said as we walked towards the baggage claim.

     "I apologize the Alpha was not here to greet you. He normally comes to meet our new members, but unfortunately he had to go out of town yesterday for an emergency."

     "That's okay. I'll meet him soon enough."

     We quickly found my bag, as it was the only bright yellow one. Jace was sweet enough to carry my bag for me to the truck. We all hoped into the front, with me in between the boys. Luke was quiet on the ride, while Jace pointed things out to me in the small town. We reached the town limits and kept driving past towards the woods ahead. We took a right and headed up a very long driveway. After a few minutes, the trees gave way to a clearing. A large white house stood in the middle with smaller houses scattered around it. The boys hoped out of the truck and I followed after Jace. He got my bag for me and we began walking towards the large white house.

     "Welcome to Silvermoon, Amber. This here is the packhouse," he said gesturing towards the large house. "All pack members are welcome to live here, but they are also welcome to build their own, smaller homes," he said, pointing towards the smaller houses scattered about. Pointing off to a large, stylish home he said, "That's where the Alpha lives."

     I nodded. We stepped inside and I was awestruck. The walls were a warm light coffee color. Off to the right was a large living room with a flat screen TV in it. To the right was a large dining room with a massive table. Through a doorway in the dining room, I could make out kitchen cabinets and the smell of cookies wafted towards us. A large staircase was along the wall that separated the living room and dining room and it lead upstairs.

     "I'll show you to your room and then let you get settled before I give you the grand tour," Jace said, leading me upstairs.

     I followed after him up the staircase. Turning left, we went up another set of stairs to a third floor. Taking a right he lead me down the hall to a door to the left. Opening the door showed a spacious room with yellow walls and a queen sized bed. A closet was in the right corner and a bathroom to the left.

     "Not bad right?" Jace said, giving me a smile.

     "It's perfect, " I said, giving him one of my own.

     "I live right down the hall if you ever need anything," he said gesturing to a door that was just across the hall to my right. "I'll let you get settled now. If you need anything just holler, I'll hear you." Jace said, winking. He gave me one last dazzling smile before he shut the door behind him.

     I walked over and flopped onto the soft bed. Pulling out my phone, I dialed my parent's house number.

     "Hello?" came my mother's soft voice.

Here it is!!! The first chapter of PACK MATES!!! I'm so super excited to have finally published it!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read it!  Please feel free to comment and give me some feedback.  Much love to you all!!

-Kaynik94