Keeping My Promises

Start from the beginning

        She made us a promise and she has to keep it.
        Because here at Freddy Fazbears Pizza, we have no room for promise breakers.
___________
Lilith's POV-
___________

        I wrapped my ankle as best as I could manage before lowering my pant leg and pulling my sock back on over the wrapping. I didn't bother putting my boot back on, instead I shoved it inside of my bag.
        Then I set off to go and find one of the boys. First I had to think about where each of them would be. Freddy.. The office maybe? Foxy probably at Pirates Cove. Bonnie might be backstage? Or maybe in the kitchen with Chica? And Goldie... Could be anywheres. And if he didn't want to see me I wouldn't see him. Unless I snuck up on him.
        Maybe. First I'd have to find him. I set off to go and find Bonnie because all I had to do was go backstage. If he wasn't there I'd check the kitchen. Then everywhere else.
        Luckily I found Bonnie sitting on a stool tuning his guitar when I walked in, "Hi Bonnie," I waved and walked over to him.
        He looked up from what he was doing and smiled, "Hey, Lilith... What happened to your ankle?" He got up and helped me walk to a seat beside him. Before he sat me down he hugged me and I have him a hug back, "I jumped out a window," I shrugged, "No biggie."
        His eyes went wide and he laughed, "You did what? Oh wow, you're just full of surprises."
        I laughed with him, "Yep, well Carol locked me in and I needed to get here to you all so. I jumped out my window."
        "You jumped out a window for us?" His eyes went wide with shock.
        I nodded, "Yea. Pretty much," I smiled and he shook his head, "Like I said. Full of surprises."
         He sat back down on his stool and I turned to look at him. "Bonnie, can I tell you something?" I asked.
         Bonnie's ears perked in interest, "Yea. Anything."
        "You're amazing. Beyond amazing actually. I don't know how they did what they did to you when they remodeled you guys but it was a mistake because you're the best ever and nothing or anyone can take your place. I want you to remember that forever, ok? You're immortal and I'm not so you'll have to hang onto my words when I'm gone, got it? Because I care about you, and I know you're great and cant be replaced," He looked stunned.
         "Wh-what?" He stared into my eyes and I smiled at him.
        "You are fucking amazing. No one can replace you. Ever. In a million years. In a eternity, you can't be replaced no matter how hard people try to replace you. You keep coming back strong Bonnie, and I care about you so so much. More than words can say. You're important to me. You always will be. "
         A single tear fell down his face and he reached up to wipe it away, "Why am I crying?" His sight wavered.
         "Because you're still human. And you're happy. Plus I think I'm bringing out your human emotions again," I grinned and reached forward to wrap my arms around his shoulders. He buried his face into my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me, "Thank you, Lilith. Thank you.."
         I smiled and tightened my grip before pulling away, "Anytime, Bonnie. Anytime," and with that I stood up and waved goodbye, "I'll talk to you later."
        "Yea, bye Lilith," he waved back and I hobbled out of the room and over to Pirates Cove.
         "Hey, Foxy, you in here?" I called out as I pulled the curtains back.
         "Aye, what happened to you, lass?" He pointed his hook down to my ankle and I sighed, "I.. Jumped out my window. Carol locked the door and wouldn't let me leave so.... I jumped out the window."
         He laughed and wrapped me in a hug, "I appreciate what you said earlier, lassie. About never being forgotten. It meant a lot," I wrapped my arms around him in return, "No problem, Foxy. It was all true, and so is this. You, Foxy the Fox Pirate/ human are the most amazing you that could ever be. You are so amazingly perfect I wish others could see how amazing and kind you are. They see a vicious creature the harms children. I see an amazing person who loves too much for his own good, that's why I care about you Foxy. That's why I always will," I felt his arms tighten around me and I smiled, "Got it?" I asked and he nodded, "Good, remember it forever?"
        He nodded again, "Of course."
        Shortly after that I was off again to find Goldie or Freddy. Whichever I came upon first. I walked down the main hall and poked my head in every door frame and window. I didn't find either off them until I came across the office.
        It was there that I found Freddy sitting in a chair behind the desk looking at something on the wall, "Ah, hello Lilith. Please come on in," he motioned for me to come in so I did.
        Then I quietly closed the door behind me, "Hey Freddy," I walked over to him and sat in the chair at the other side of the desk.
        "How's your ankle doing?" He sat forward and rested his elbows on the table, "Fine, I'm probably going to need crutches," I sighed. I looked into Freddy's eyes and wasn't surprised to see a broken look in them. Like glass ready to shatter at any given moment.
        "I see determination written across your face. I take it you're not going to disappoint me?" He leaned towards me and whispered, "People tend to not like me so much when they disappoint me. You have a promise to keep Miss, Rose. Under no circumstance are you to break it," he smiled and I grinned back.
         "Of course, Freddy. Wouldn't want to disappoint you. But honestly I don't think you'd be able to do it. Kill me I mean. I think you've got a sweet spot for me," I smirked and winked at him.
         "Oh? Is that so?" His grin grew, "Even so. We have no room for liars here," I nodded to show that I understood.
        "Got it. Won't let ya down. Promise."
         "Good," he sat back in his chair and I cleared my throat.
        "Hey Freddy. I love you. You know that? I love all of you, really. You're all the reason I'm living. If you ever need someone to be there for you, or ever need a shoulder to cry on, let me be that person for you, because I gladly will accept it," I smiled at him and his grin broke out into a straight line.
        I continued, "You can act as strong as you want Freddy. When I look at you I don't just look at you. I look at who you are and I look at 'you'. Who you really are. So when you act strong I see through it. Your eyes give it all away. How they look so glassy. You've gone through so much. Everyone looks up to you. So who do you have to look up to? Who is there to be your shoulder to cry on? Freddy, I want you to cry if it makes you feel better. Scream if it makes you feel alive. Smash if it makes you happy. And kill if it makes it easier. Because if that's who you are, then it's who you are. And either way you're fucking fantastic. Got it? Now I'm going to hug you so," I jumped out of my chair and went around the desk. Before I even reached him, Freddy was up out of his chair an had his arms wrapped around my waist beyond just tightly.
         I slid my arms under his and wrapped them around his back and hugged him to me.
        A few seconds later I felt a few tears splatter against my shoulder and I just tightened my grip on him, "You'll be fine Freddy. You'll be great. The best," I whispered into his hair and let him keep hugging me.
        A few minutes later his grip loosened an so did mine. We let go of each other and I smiled at him, "You okay?"
        "Better than okay," his grin returned and I nodded, "Good," I leaned up and kissed his cheek before running out of the office, "Cya Freddy! Come find me if you need that shoulder I mentioned!" I called over my shoulder.
        When I looked back I saw a red faced Freddy, standing stunned in the middle of the room. As I circled the halls for a second time looking for Goldie I remembered the control room where I found the switches for everyone's night/on switches. I remember seeing Goldie there. Maybe that's where he hides out!
        I started off in that direction. I reached the stairs and started down them one at a time. It took a long time to get to the bottom with my bad foot. I held my breath and turned the knob. Then I pushed my weight on the door and felt the door open beneath me. I looked around the room for the second time that day and saw Goldie sitting in a chair looking at a group of screens on the wall.
        Video feed. Interesting.
        "Hey Goldie," I waved and he turned in his chair as quick as I've ever seen anyone move, "Sorry if I scared you. Please don't go. I wanna talk," I walked closer and he nodded.
         "Fine. How'd you know I was here?"
        "Easy. It's dark and no one comes down here. The stairwell isn't used because you can teleport in and you can watch everyone without being with them down here. Plus I remembered seeing and sensing you down here earlier," I smiled.
        "Oh. That reminds me.. Weren't you going to tell me why you didn't remember how to dress a wound?" He leaned forward in his chair and I nodded.
        "I lost my memory a little bit ago. I woke up in the woods with no clue where I was or what I was doing or who my parents were. All I knew was my name and the name of.. Someone. The nurse said I kept calling out for someone. Wouldn't say who. Anyways. Eventually they decided it'd be best for me to have a fresh start since they couldn't find my parents. They sent me somewhere far away to a orphanage, where a bitch named Carol watches the children and thinks it's not safe here. So to answer your question and conclude my story. I don't remember anything unless it happened in the last two days or at the hospital. Where I spent most my time asleep."
        He sat silent and listening the whole time when I finished he just nodded.
         He looked like he wanted to say something but didn't quite know what to say. His eyebrows furrowed in sympathy like he understood.        

        "Yea. I don't remember anything about my life before either," his head fell slightly, "Just the night we were killed."
        "What exactly happened that night?" I sat my elbow on my knee and leaned my head onto my hand.
        "You've heard the story," he muttered.
        "I haven't heard yours," I looked into his eyes, "Listen- it's fine if you don't wanna tell me. I get it. Really. But you gotta let someone in sometime, Goldie. I wish you'd let me at least try. I believe in you Goldie. I know you're good. The fact is the reason you keep yourself locked away isn't because you don't care about anyone or like anyone. It's because you care too much. You don't want to accidentally hurt anyone. Your heart is so pure that even you're blinded by it. You can't even see what's right in front of you. Five people who are a lot about you and are willing to forgive you if you hurt them once or twice if it means they get to know you-" I stopped myself from getting too carried away, "Sorry. Maybe I should learn to keep my mouth shut? I'm just guessing," I sighed stood up. I walked over to Goldie and gave him a hug.
        I wrapped my arms around him and held onto him tightly, "Don't forget we care... Ever. Because we always will. No matter what," I whispered in his ear and then I felt a miracle happen.
        His arms reached up and fell loosely around my waist like he wasn't sure what he was doing.
        Which meant I was right.
         He hasn't been hugged. Ever. That he can remember.
        "You have one chance, Lilith. Do not betray us. Ever," he whispered back in my ear and I smiled, "I won't, Goldie. I promise," I tightened my grip around him and just held him for a minute.
         "Do these embraces usually last this long?" He questioned as I pulled back from the hug and sat back down in my chair.
        "No.. But seeing as how that was your first hug since.. Perhaps since you died, I thought that it should make up for a few of the lost ones you've never gotten. I'm planning on making up for those so don't try and stop me," I giggled and a small smiled crept onto his face.
        "Maybe you are different, Lilith. I can't tell if this is an act or if its real. You seem too good to be true. Too good for us anyways. All the things we've done- and keep planning to do-" he shook his head, "I just don't get it."
        "Hey- I'm not judging what you've done in the past or what you'll do in the future. I'm not here to judge you guys. Of course I don't exactly agree with killing everyone who works here- still. You do that because of what happened to you. You were brutally murdered by someone. That would scar anyone and make them hurt anyone who reminded them of them. Anyone you thought was them. All this time you've just thought we were all the same. But I guarantee you are wrong about that. I think you may be starting to realize that sooner rather than later," I winked and smiled at him.
        He laughed, "Perhaps. Have you remembered anything at all?"
        I thought for a moment. "Hmm. I've been having these dreams lately. But I'm pretty sure they're just dreams," I squirmed in my seat.
        "What makes you so sure?" One of his brows shot up.
        "Because if they're true..." I shuddered, "I've never finished the dream. But I have a feeling it ends in death. Possibly mine," I looked up and my voice cracked.
        "Oh.. That makes sense then," he bit his lip, "Hey um Lilith. If you ever want to talk I can help. I won't tell anyone if you tell me not to," he nodded sincerely and I smiled, "Thank you Goldie. That means a lot. It means a lot that you're giving me this chance. So what do you say? Wanna go hang out with everyone else?"
         A flash of worry crossed his face.
        He was probably remembering what he did to me and didn't want it to happen to them, "Don't worry," I wrapped my hand around his arm, "I'll make sure you don't hurt anyone," I smiled and he stood up. We walked out the door and I tried going up the stairs.
        I yelped in pain when I tried. Goldie laughed and picked me up bridal style, then he walked us both to the top of the stairs like that.
        "Thank you Goldie," I gave his cheek a quick kiss and fell to my foot from his grasp. I hobbled beside him at a slow and steady pace. He didn't go too fast so I didn't injure it any worse, "Hey where'd you get the medical supplies anyways?" I asked looking over at him.
        "Oh I found a first aid kit down in the control room and hid it away.." I laughed and he smiled.
         I knew Goldie was faking his being cold and hateful. He was just as amazing as everyone else and I could already tell that we were going to be close if I didn't fuck up...