Chapter 12

"Ouch. These shoes are killing me." You whined as you made your way to your room. You had left the ball earlier than expected. Raji got busy with other guest, Shirayuki and Zen were lovey dovey, Kiki and Mitsuhide were on guard duty and Obi was no where to be found.
Plus, your feet were hurting and all you wanted was to rest.

You walked in, and quickly removed your contacts and changed into a more comfortable attire. The night was still young and you decided to grab a book and sit down on the balcony to relax.

You opened the door and immediately noticed Obi who was sitting on the balcony's fence with his eyes closed. You examined his face very well and to you, it looked like he was thinking.

"Obi, I didn't know you were here." You spoke up causing him to open his eyes. He didn't respond at all and closed his eyes.

"Ok.." You said as you sat on chair and opened your book. You decided to shrug it off.

It was quiet for around 5 minutes until he broke the silence.
"Had fun with your Prince Charming?" He said in an unusual tone.

"Excuse me?" You turned around, giving him a confused look. You couldn't tell from his tone of voice if he was serious or not. It sort of sounded like he was jealous to you.

"I bet you're going on that date with him.." He kept his same tone of voice, making you even more confused.

"What is your problem?" You kept yourself sat down on the chair.
"What's wrong if I go on a date with Raji? I'm not taken. I'm free to do whatever."

"Don't go." He got up and started making his way indoors.
"He's a prince. You'll get hurt at the end."

Obi's behavior was upsetting to you. Never did you expect to see this side of him.

"Obi.." You got up from the chair.
"Since when do you care about my feelings!" You thoughtlessly exclaimed making him stop.

"I just don't want you to get hurt.."

"Hurt?" You dropped your book, and Obi quickly turned around.
"Seriously? You don't want me to be hurt?" You said in a very serious tone.

From your reaction, he then noticed the way he was talking to you was extremely rude and decided to take a step forward and apologize.
"F/n.. I'm sorry.. I just.. I just realized that I have feelings for you and I got jea-"

"Now Obi, now you do?" You faced up and had tears forming at the edge of your eyes.
"You don't have the right to be jealous!" You yelled once more, surprising him.

"Have you not realized how hurt I've been around you?! You don't want me to go on a date with Raji because you don't want me to get hurt.. But you never noticed how hurt I was around YOU when it came to Shirayuki!" You continued as you looked down.
"My heart was crushed every single day the day after you told me you liked her..I tried to keep myself up. I wanted to move on from you..I wanted to be free of you.. And I came here right now with the mindset that it was time.. And I was even feeling confident about this.. And now.." You closed your eyes as you felt them change color due to your emotions being all over the place.

"I was prepared to move on from you, and now you're going to build me up all over again.." You stayed quiet for a few seconds as you were trying to keep yourself together but you couldn't. Obi was just speechless at everything that was coming out your mouth.
"I loved you Obi!! And you didn't love me back!!" You faced him, with tears falling from your shinning f/c eyes. You just confessed to Obi. You were thoughtlessly yelling out your emotions and now you realized that you actually love him.

"F/n.." He took a good look of your eyes and was shocked as ever. He knew about your race, he knew the tragic story of their end, he knew exactly what those eyes meant. He approached you, catching you before you fell on your knees.
"Please forgive me.. For being so blind and not realizing this earlier.." Obi was devastated to hear your words, to hear that you were hurt all along because of him and to be so dense at such obvious behavior.

"You don't get to tell me about who is going to hurt me...Not when your responsible for most of my pain.. You're not fair Obi!" You tightly gripped his shirt.
"Not fair." You gripped it even harder, sobbing on his chest.

Obi's heart was broken to see the girl he cares about most, crying her eyes out because he failed to realize sooner that you were the one for him.

"Let me-" Obi was about to say but was then interrupted by you.
"No Obi. Not another word."

He put his hands around, and started to hug you tighter. His eyes were getting watery as he held your weak trembling body on his arms. He couldn't believe how badly he has hurt you.

"Please.." You pulled back knowing that you were making yourself feel worse staying in his embrace.
"Give me time.." You got yourself up, leaving him on his knees and went inside. Obi told you he liked you but, how much more feelings are left for Shirayuki? It broke your heart that he never tried to move on from her. That it took days of pain and jealousy of seeing you with someone else to confess to you.
Words cannot describe the emptiness you both felt as leaving each other's sight.

Would you be willing to accept Obi's feelings knowing that there may still mixed with Shirayuki or would you move on and see where things go on with Raji?

I am sorry.. Please don't hate me!! But I hope you liked this chapter and didn't cry or anything.. (I apologize if Obi seems ooc to you.. But I mean.. He's hurt..)