Chapter 4

Meet fifty ... 

Chapter 4

José is glowering at me with a thunderous stare, really fucking annoyed that he didn’t get to kiss her. No one kisses my girl I think and will him to disappear before I beat the fucking crap out of the fucker. Except she isn’t yours Grey.

But before I manage to do anything else, Anastasia starts vomiting spectacularly onto the ground. José jumps backs with a look of disgust on his face. I reach over to remove her hair from the firing line and gently lead her over to a raised flowerbed so she can get it out of her system. I support her by the shoulders while holding her hair away, even though she is less than ladylike in this moment I enjoy the feel of her soft hair and her small shoulders in my hands. For some reason I feel extremely protective of her, I really want to take care of her. What the hell is this; all these thoughts are wreaking havoc with my brain. You just need a sub, Grey, remember.

When Anastasia is done vomiting, she tentatively stands up and I let go of her shoulders and hand her my handkerchief so she can dry her mouth. José is still hovering by the entrance to the bar, not really knowing what to do with himself. I give him an icy stare and will him to get the fuck away from Anastasia. I really need to know whether this is something Anastasia makes a habit of, getting drunk like this and putting herself at risk; it really isn’t appropriate behaviour for a sub to act like this. I also need to get her home; she is exhausted and too drunk to continue the night anyway. I need to know that she is safe. 

José finally goes inside telling Anastasia that he’ll see her later.Fucking no you won’t, you fucker.

“I’m sorry” she mutters utterly embarrassed. I’m intrigued as to what she is sorry about.

“What are you sorry for, Anastasia?”

“The phone call, mainly. Being sick. Oh, the list is endless.”

“We’ve all been here, perhaps not quite as dramatically as you. It’s about knowing your limits, Anastasia. I mean, I’m all for pushing limits, but really this is beyond the pale. Do you make a habit of this kind of behaviour?” She looks rather uncomfortable by my question and just when I think that she’s about to come up with a cheeky answer she surprises me.

“No” she says contritely. “I’ve never been drunk before and right now I have no desire to ever be again.” This makes me very satisfied, to know that it’s just a one off. There may be potential yet. All of a sudden she starts to look weak and faint and start swaying a little. I grab a hold of her before she faints and again I have her in my arms.  I look down at her beautiful face, her sweet scent is a little masked by the smell of alcohol, but I have to say I really like the feeling of her in my arms.Yeah, this is where you belong, baby.

I tell her that I’ll take her home but she insists on having to tell Kate that she is leaving.

“My brother can tell her.”

“What?”

“My brother Elliot is talking to Miss Kavanagh.”

“Oh?” She has no idea what I’m talking about, but then again she doesn’t know that I’ve been staying in Portland all week.

“He was with me when you phoned”

“In Seattle?” Oh baby, you’re way too drunk for me to explain that I’ve been staying here just for you.

“No. I’m staying at the Heathman.”

“How did you find me?”

“I tracked your cell phone, Anastasia.” She looks a little bewildered and disapproving. I need to keep you safe baby.