13|Ok-ish

In another note I entered this book in the wattys! Shout out to @naimaarbab for nominating me. I really appreciate and this chapter is dedicated to you.

EDITED

Audrey's POV

Fuck me! Why do these things happen to me. Why can't I be a normal shitty person with a shitty personality... Like Silas.

Well that shitty person with that shitty personality is currently holding you and caressing your back, moron.

I suddenly stiffen not realizing he was doing that. Oh god oh god. What do you do in these situations? Do you ignore it or just? He stops caressing my back and says,"You ok."

Fuck you? Nope sounds too aggressive.

No? Nuh uh sounds too desperate.

Yes? Sounds like neither of the above.

All this close proximity is fucking with my head. I thought of an explanation.

"As good as it gets." Damn you mouth, I thought we agreed on yes.

"You wanna talk about it." He mumbled removing his chin from my head to look at the side of my eyes with his piercing dark eyes.

"Not now." I cough trying to clear my scratchy voice.

An awkward silence settled among us.

"I-I'll take you home now." He coughed.

I nod and remembered I was still sitting on his lap.

"Uh yeah, sorry." I move to the passenger seat cheeks red and hot.

"It's alright." He clears his throat.

* * *

Through out the car ride I got multiple glances from Silas. He'd pretend he was looking straight ahead but he'd tilt his head slightly to look at me for a few seconds before returning to look ahead. He would literally stop at every stop sign and when the light was on yellow he didn't rush through to pass like usual. No he slowed down and waited for the green light.

We got to the house later than I'd expected. None of us made a move to talk or get out of the car. We stared at the mansion. No light gleamed inside except for the open curtains in each set of window that let the sun in. No cars where parked in or out. No noise was heard except the tweeting of birds and the slight swoosh of leaves swaying. The mansion was empty.

I slightly drive my look to Silas looking expressionless.

I open the car door and step outside with my backpack and binder.

"Are you going to be fine." He stated after I closed the door.

"Yeah, perfectly fine. You know like Beyoncé." I rant.

"Are you sure?" He said hinting another meaning either than the regular 'are you sure'. My ears perked at what he said.

The way he said it made it seem I was emotionally unstable- which slightly I am but I won't admit it- and it bothered me.

I bit my lip and tried not to overreact.

"Yup." I smiled as brightly as an evil twinkling star.

I see doubt clouding his dark eyes which is not usual because it's Silas.

"Goodbye." I nod and walk to the door.

I close the door behind me and lean against it. I regret not saying fuck you sooner. "Hello." No one answered.

Great.

I head to the kitchen to find a note from Fernanda taped to the fridge.

Hello Dulzura,
Went out to buy groceries for dinner. Lunch is on the stove. Los vemos más al rato. Adiós!

-Fernanda

I sigh exiting the kitchen and walk up the staircase.

A loud groan that sounded a lot like my mother came from the door to my right.

I closed my eyes and tried to block the memories.

I furrowed my eyebrows no that couldn't be it my mom went shopping really early- another noise was brought to my ears a grunt of satisfaction from a male by the deepness.

"No. Nope." I shake my head trying to dismiss the train of thoughts

"Logan!" I heard a shrilly voice shout. Mom?!

"Oh shove it!" I groan sliding down against the wall in the middle of the hallway. I don't want to hear it nor remember.

I slowly clasp my hand on the door knob and turn it. I peek inside and let out a loud high pitch scream.

I stumble back the door was wide open. I could here many things like my name being shouted by my dad and footsteps creeping closer to the door.

My mom yelled at the top of her lungs that she could explain. Everything was fuzzy and seemed to be so far away. I heard my dad shouting incoherent words at Carol who I dare not say my mother.

At last everything seem to clear up when I heard a slap. I look up and see my dad holding his cheek while Carol wrapped with a thin sheet screamed that she was a woman with dignity.

Carol makes a move to grab me. but I jerk away. "Don't touch me!" I let out choking up on a sob.

"No." I rub my face tiredly as a dull headache makes itself known.

"Audrey!"

A hand touched my forearm. "I'm fine, leave me alone." I groan not bothering to look up.

"Audrey..."

"Are you alright."

"Nope." I sigh closing my eyes. I'm ok-ish.

"Ok. Is there anything you need." I don't answer.

"You like reading right."

I nod slowly ot sure what he was getting at. I love reading.

"That's great! What's you're favorite book." he whispered.

"What are you doing."

"I'm helping." he sighed sitting next to me.

"Who?"

"You."