Forever Dead ::18:: Everything is Illuminated

Start from the beginning

“So my father… he killed a witch all those years ago?” I tried to make sense of the situation, but all the information was pouring in and drowning me.

“That night your mother gave birth, it was Halloween. The woman who raised your sister stole her from your mother. So your mother, trying to save herself and you, transported to Vivens at midnight on Halloween, immediately after birthing your sister. And there, she gave birth to you.

“They found your mother on the ground outside the hospital and brought her in, making sure you both were healthy and ok. Your mother knew that the portal would be closing, and she cast a spell to make the nurses let you go. As she was leaving, a man caught her of guard, and she was killed. “

“That was my father… the man who raised me, I mean.” I said.

“Yes, he was. You seem distraught.”

“I am. That man raised me, pretended to be my father. He was evil.” I said disgusted.

“No he wasn’t.”

“How can you say that? He killed my real mother! He killed those innocent people.”

“Audrina, he killed your mother because his grief was so strong for the loss of his daughter.”

“But there is no excuse for killing all those innocent people.” I said, referring to his murderous rampage that lasted so long.

“Ahh, but you see, that wasn’t his fault either. When he killed your real mother, her blood got into his mouth. The blood of a witch can make any human mad. It only takes one drop…”

My eyes widened at the suggestion that my father wasn’t evil. I remember seeing the crazed look in his eyes as he recounted the people he murdered and told me the story of how I came to be in his family. A witch’s blood did that? My blood could do that…?

“What does that mean?” I asked.

“A witches body is her defense. Her blood can drive anyone mad, if used the right way. Even a vampire can’t resist it. When she sings, she can cast a spell over whoever hears her, and make them her slave. But she must learn to control those powers, you must learn to control them or it will cost you greatly. ”

My voice? That is why all those things happened when I sang.

“Now that you are 18, your full powers have been granted to you. But you must be careful Audrina. Every emotion, every thought… can trigger them. You won’t be in control and you must learn how to be in control. I have great plans for you, Audrina. Great ones indeed…”

Before I could question her anymore I awoke, my body dripping sweat.

“Jesus Audrina.” I looked up to meet a pair of golden eyes and sighed, happy to see him.

“Charlie. You’re back.” I murmured. I sat up, feeling more energized then ever.

“Yeah I am. Are you okay?”

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” I asked standing.

“Whoa, maybe you should sit down. You had a fever for most of the night.” He explained.

“Well I feel fine now.” I said, heading towards the closet. I assumed the fever came with the powers. My body was adjusting to the new energy. How I knew that, I couldn’t tell you.

“Audrina, you seem different. You look different too…” Charlie said.

“Yeah well you look different as well.” I commented, still not forgiving him for not telling me about the change.