Chapter 18

I hate it when you're playing a game and somebody says "YOUR CHEATING!" and I say, "No I'm not, I am just improvings."

Chapter 18

WOOOOOOO! 18! Enjoy :)

"KNOCK MUCH?!" Seb screams pushing me behind his body trying to cover me up.

"RILEY! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Gage screams

"Leave her out of this." Seb says handing me a my shirt, which was at the foot of the bed. I put it on while they have a stare down.

"She started this. Were dating, and she has sex with you. And you expect me not to be mad?! You have got to be kidding me!" Gage exclaims. I shot him a glare but don't say anything. "Your such a Whore Riley." He says looking me in the eye. At that point I couldn't handle it. I feel myself start to shift. My claws coming out of the hands. Everything was instinct. I really wanted to attack Gage, but I don't. 

I run towards him, enjoying the look on his face as he takes in the sight of my wolf. I push past his body, and run down the stairs. I see Jay open the front door for me. I mentally smile and thank him for being awesome. I don't focus on going anywhere, I try not to think and just run. 

'Okay, how did Jacob Black do this again?' I ask Macy.

'He did the same thing your doing. Being a whimp and running away from his problems.' She replies sarcastically. After that I shut her out of my mind and continue to run.

RILEY! I head Seb break through my thoughts. I ignore him also. Why can't people just leave me alone? Riley I'm serious. Don't ignore me. Don't do this! Riley, Gage didn't mean it and you know it. He's just super pissed... Please don't leave me.

It takes everything I have not to turn around. He is running after me but I can out run him easily.  

***

I run for the next 6 hours before slowing to a stop. At some point Seb gave up and left me alone. I find a tree and curl up next to it for the night.  I hear a little rustling from a bush about 10 feet away from me. I see a small raccoon shuffle out as if he-it?- just woke up.

I feel my stomache growl. Oh... Please don't make me eat that racoon... The second I finish that thought I pounce on it and rip its flesh open.

'EW!' I think as I continue to eat. 

I eat it until I decide that the food will last me through the night. I walk a little ways further until I could no longer smell the blood. There was a log near a small pond and I decided to lay under that and sniff the air for animals. I no longer want to eat, and I also don't want to be attacked by anything. 

I don't smell anything, so I lay down for the night. The second I close my eyes I feel the dark claws of sleep pulling me under. Within minutes i'm asleep.

***

I wake up with my neck throbbing. Shit, I really need to learn how to sleep like a dog-wolf. I stand up and stretch out.

Riley...  I hear Seb once again. Now that I have calmed down I decide to answer him.

Seb, I say calmly. I start running towards home. I can't just leave... Macy was right. I need to face my problems.

Riley, thank god! You had me so worried. Please come home. Gage is gone. Forever hopefully. He challenged my authority. And-I'll explain it to you if you ever decide to come home...I'm sorry Ry, I know you cared about him. He says sadly.

I keep running towards him at full speed. I need to be home. 

Seb, it's okay. after what he said...most of my feelings went away. I'm sorry I scared you. I just needed some time away. I'm on my way back, it might take me a while though.  I say, as I stop at a stream. I take a couple of licks then continue to run. Time to go face my problems...

***

"Riley!" I hear Zach's voice ring, as I run through the opening in the woods. I don't really want to shift back in front of a little boy, so I just stand there instead. He gives me a big smile, then realizes why I'm not going back to me says, "Oh yea! your clothes are up on the deck, I'll go back inside now." He says running to the front door. I shift back and run up to the deck and quickly put my clothes on.

"Riley!" Seb screams as I walk through the back door and in to the kitchen. He wraps me in his warm muscular arms. "Are you okay?" He asks taking a step back and looking me over to make sure i'm not hurt. 

"Seb, I'm fine." I say taking his hand in mine and kissing him on the lips.

"You scared the hell out of me." He states kissing my hand and pulling me closer. I snuggle into his chest and think of how much it would have hurt to be away from him for more then a couple of hours.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble in to his chest. "Where's gage?" I ask. He gives me a sad look then starts pulling me towards the living room. We both sit down on the couch and he pulls me over so I'm laying under his arm. I'm so tired after running all day, I could really stay like this forever.

"Well, do you want me to paraphrase, or do you want details?" He asks stroking my hair.

"Paraphrase." I decide, I really don't want to hear about the fight I know was going on while I was away.

"Okay well, He questioned my authority as Alpha, and so we fought...he lost, and so I kicked him out of the pack. He swore he would return, but I doubt it." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Oh," is all I say before my eyes close and I fall in to blackness, which is exactly the place I want to be most right now.