Before You Hit the Ground

Start from the beginning

Sehun chuckled bitterly, rolling his eyes. “Fuck off,” he said, getting inside one of the cars.

Not bothering to buckle his seatbelt on, he started the engine and rolled forward to get out of the parking stall. He abruptly pressed on the brakes when Luhan suddenly stepped in front of the car.

“Are you fucking serious…” Sehun muttered under his breath. He opened his window. “Get out of the way!”

“No,” Luhan said, stubbornly folding his arms in front of him.

Sehun scoffed. “Get out of my way or I’ll run you over!” he shouted over the engine’s loud noise.

Luhan shook his head.

Sehun’s face began to redden from anger, punching the steering wheel and causing the horn to go off. It made Luhan jump.

Sehun stomped out of the car, leaving the engine on, and made his way towards Luhan. Once he was face to face with the older boy, he clutched his collar and stared him down.

“Will you ever learn to mind your own business!?” he exclaimed. “For the past couple of days I’ve been feeling like shit and I know you know that so please just give me this one time to do what I want. Just leave me alone!”

Luhan looked at him sadly. “You know I can’t do that. You know I can’t do that! Okay? Because you’re my brother Sehun and I don’t want you to get hurt out there!”

“Jesus Christ, Luhan, at least give me this time to mourn!” he yelled. “All I want to do is go to my house, see if my mom is still there and give her at least a proper fucking burial. If she’s not there anymore then fine, I’ll leave. But if her body’s still there at least give me the chance to be there for her!”

Something inside Luhan’s stomach churned. “I can’t.”

“Please! Just to be there for her for the last time! Please!”

“Sehun, I can’t let you,” Luhan pressed, eyes watering. “Please, just don’t go.”

“Goddammit, Luhan, why!?” Sehun shouted at the top of his lungs, now starting to cry out of frustration. “Why are you so–who are you? Who are you to do this to me!? Who are you to have the right to do this to me? To stop me from doing what I want, to stop me from fixing what you broke because of what you know you did!?” he exclaimed. “Who are you? Who the fuck are you!?”

“Sehun, I’m sorry,” Luhan sobbed. “I’m sorry and you know I’m sorry. But I can’t let you go.”

Sehun scoffed, shaking his head. “Unbelievable.”

“You have to understand that I’m not doing this just for you, Sehun! Okay? I’m doing this for me, too!” Luhan yelled. “I’m not going to repeat the same mistake again! Your mother died because of me and if I let you go out there right now you might die and the guilt would be on me again! And dammit Sehun, there’s only so much a human being can take and you know that better than I do!”

Silence took over the dispute.

Sehun chewed on his bottom lip, shaking his head before heading towards the car. He went over to the driver’s seat, for a moment making Luhan think he was really going to run him over, when the engine suddenly stopped.

Sehun closed the door and locked the car. He buried the keys inside his pockets, walked away from the car and went back inside the headquarters.

---

It was 10:30 in the morning when Kyungsoo got called into Agent M’s lab, around the time he was in the middle of eating his breakfast after visiting the medical center for a check-up on his arm. The sudden request for his presence was random and left him questioning what the head agent wanted from him.