The Trip

Chapter 2

The Trip

__________________________

"Perfect!" the man twisted his mustache. "Dark hair, pale skin, and crimson like eyes." he looked up to meet the slave owner's eyes.

"How much for this little boy?"

The owner used a stick to tap a sign.

"That'll do." Said the new person with the thin curvy mustache after a look at the sign. He reached out to touch me, I huddled and crammed myself into a corner. I couldn't take it anymore!

"Don't, please." I choked out. The man ignored me and grabbed my wrist. I grunted out in pain.

"Skinny, way too skinny. But it will have to do!" He chuckled. He stared at my eyes like a hawk, looked away, noticing his blood-shot and maniacal eyes. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a big sack of money. "Keep the change."

"Much obliged." The owner said gruffly.

Instead of releasing me, the man carried the cage. Doesn't want me to touch him I suspected. I felt frightened, what is he taking me to?

THUNK!

"Ouch!" I spat out, the man dumped me on a carriage that was wide and spacious, I could look outside even if I wanted to.

"I wanna go home!!"

"Mommie!"

"Wah!"

I spun and looked around me. There were other kids too! I relaxed a little bit when the carriage started moving.

Buildings passed by, then came the country. Farms, green fields with animals and growing plants rushed past my eyes. I savored every single view that I could see. All that once, a large forest appeared and covered the cheerful landscapes of the farmland.

Soon a big house or manor appear at my view. The house looked dark and had monster statues on the roofs. Something mysterious was in the house. I could just feel it.