The Beginning...

Chapter 1

The Beginning.

__________________________

R's Pov

***

The screams, the agony of people.... My master wanted it. But it never pleased him enough.

"Kill more. The screams, are music to my ears.", Master rasped.

"Yes sir." of course I would. I had no regrets in this type of work.

So I walked down to the dungeons of this bloodstained mansion. While going down the seemingly never ending stairs, I thought about the days when I still had feelings to this world...

•••

1879 summer

"Hack hack!" I coughed when I was a child at the age of five.

"Run boy! run! ha ha ha!" the man who abducted me snapped a whip at the slaves and to me. I sniffed and tears ran down my face. Still the group of kids at my age stumbled through the dark alleys where we won't be found. It was truly a nightmare.

"When will this ever end!" I whispered. As tears dripped silently down my face, several children dropped to the ground from the debilitating trudge and died instantly. The look of pure horror flooded through my eyes when the rats came and stripped the bodies to bone in a matter of seconds. We were then taken on to a train and shipped to a place called Haugford.

The train jumped and ricked at certain places, the car was dark except for a few cracks on the wall, so the whole ride was terrifying to me. Kid threw up their measly breakfast at corners, and some, some even coughed and threw up blood! A shudder went through my body when some of the blood splattered on my pale face and the bodies go still against walls and on the floor. I wiped the blood away with my dirty white shirt, but I still felt the feeling of warm liquid on my skin.

Shadows were dancing through the cracks on the wall, it seemed like as if the devil himself was enjoying our discomfort. I saw 3 bodies lay on the ground of the car as we left for the station.

At Haugford we got placed in the middle of a square where people in suits stood around and poked with canes at us as if we were animals in a zoo. Already bruised from the train ride, the poke felt excruciating. The kids around my age got kicked into a cell that was filthy. While the owner of the slave trade was busying at introducing passerby's, people came by and laughed at our unpleasantness and such. It was shameful.

"Grrrr.." I snarled at the people who walked near me. Some kids older than me threw stones at me and kicked me through the rickety bars of this cell. The owner shooed the kids away when he noticed that I was close to dying.

Ohh... How I wanted to die. To get away from this dreadful world.

"Well well well. Look here, a kid," a man in a top hat exclaimed.