False hope

Zach's POV

"Dr. Rose?" I ask. "I- I can't feel one of my legs. I haven't yet I was just hoping it would come back?" I ask hopelessly. I haven't even been able to lift my head yet since the surgery a few hours ago.
"We thought it'd be best for you to figure out alone but we had to amputate it do to the damage of the train wreck." Dr. Rose clarifies almost emotionless.
"What!" I grip my covers in my hand and pull them off my leg revealing the stub that is connected to my torso. It ended right below the knee. "That means I'll barely barely be able to walk!"
Dr. Rose turns around and opens a drawer where she pulls out a metal leg.
    "You'll have to be in a few months of PT/ physical therapy." She says. I turn to look at Ginny who hasn't left my bed side since she got here.
    "Lemme try it on." I say. Dr. Rose raises my leg and straps it onto the upper section of what is left of my leg. I swing my working leg over the side of the beg and grab my metal leg and pull it over the side setting it on the ground.
    "Hold on one moment." Dr. Rose says before I release my weight into my new leg. Only moments later Andrew walks through the door wide eyed with surprise.
    "Hey... Man..." He says hesitantly eyeing my leg.
    "Sorry should've got someone to call you earlier." I say.
    "Nah, I've been sitting in the waiting room with Christina and Jacob." Andrew says.
"That's it? What's family for right?" I say sarcastically. "Christina probably made him come too! And we're not even related!" I say angrily.
    "Yeah I think she did." Andrew says. I roll my eyes.
     "Here help me up." I say as Amdrew grabs my arm and hauls my off the bed.  "Ahh! Careful!" I scream through the pain that still echoes through my body.
"Sorry." Andrew says without emotion. I feel so vulnerable right now. Maybe I am, well yeah, I am. I sanding beside my best friend in nothing but a hospital gown and with a fake leg. Sounds vulnerable to me.
I pick up my fake leg with the movement in my hip and settle it onto the ground. I then lean myself against Andrew and limp on my fake leg down the hall and back.
Once I get back I'm exhausted. I mean having a new leg ain't all that fun or anything. Ginny waited in my room for me and she looked up as I came in and sat down on my bed.
    "I need to get back home. Sorry dude, but it's almost past curfew." Andrew says.
   "Okay, see ya later." I reply. Ginny stays silent and I want to know what she is thinking.
"What's wrong?" I ask her.
I miss Holly. She says. Sometimes I forget she actually hears me unlike Holly did.
    "I miss her too." I say. "And we'll see her again someday."
    Don't give out false hope Zach. She signs and I just nod silently. Ginny comes up to my bed and I move over to make room for her. I try to be the best brother I can to her but I'm practically raising her! And it's not easy. I have since I was about nine.
    "Ginny." I say. "We will see Holly again."
    You almost died just now Zach! Ginny signs. Nothing is guaranteed.

___________________________

Important! authors note!

Please go read my divergent fan fic, I'm super excited to be writing it and really want the extra support And if you've already read some of it thank you so much! Have a wonderful day lovelies❤️💛💚💙💜