Chapter 4: Flashback

Here's how it went down. Keep in mind that we've fast forwarded to June 2016. Aisha and I decided to go back to our hometown for the summer. Padma had decided to move in with her boyfriend and asked to help her pack up some old stuff. We got to the house and saw Padma. We both gave her a big hug and she asked how things were going between us. After telling her, Aisha went up to her room to start packing stuff. 

Padma looked at me happily and said, "Looks like you haven't forgotten our little 'talk'" I shuddered when she said that.

The reason why is because of our "talk" we had when she found out that we were dating. It was around spring break this year. Aisha and I had come home to catch up with family and old friends. We had a small party Aisha's place. I went to the garage to grab everyone some drinks and Padma followed me. I had a big case of water bottle in my hands, so I couldn't really defend myself from what was about to happen.

I said, "Padma, hey! You mind getting the door?"

She said, "In a sec, something I wanna tell you privately"

I didn't know what to expect. "Sure, what's up?"

She crossed her arms and walked towards me. "You're a great guy, Alex. I know that because I know you and I can tell that Aisha is really happy to be with you"

I said, "I'm also really happy that we're together"

"That's good. You should be. But I warn you..."

At that point, something about the look on her face changed. It looked like a cross between angry and hateful. It was a face of pure terror. The grip on her arms tightened and her shoulders tensed. She started walking towards me more slowly. With each step she took to me, I took one step away from her. Finally I was backed up to the wall and she was about 3 feet away and closing in.

She said while walking, "If...you ever...hurt my sister..."

At this point, we were almost nose to nose. The intensity of her eyes seemed to paralyze me. I suddenly felt a terrible pain coming from my crotch. I looked down to see Padma gripping them fiercely. She moved her face from in front of mine to the side of my head as to whisper the rest of her threat. Now keep in mind, while this may sound way over the top, it is what she actually said and I was so terrified at the moment, I thought she could actually do it. It was like a Liam Neeson class threat.

She slowly and ominously said, "...I will rip off your crotch with my bare hands and shove it so far up your ass you'll start tasting it. Understood?"

I squeaked, "Yes ma'am!"

All that intense evil and everything just seemed to vanish into thin air and she cheerfully said, "Glad you do! Let me get the door for you"

She let go to go open the door. I wanted to take a moment to catch my breath but if I had waited any longer, things were gonna look suspicious. So I walked it off and tried my best to look normal going back into the party, but I remained cautious of Padma.

Back to the present time, Padma had gone upstairs to get the rest of her stuff while I helped her boyfriend put the stuff into his car. Finally, Padma and Aisha came down with the last box of stuff. Both of them had this weird goofy look on their faces. It was kinda like they were laughing about something.

I asked, "What?"

Aisha said, "I'll tell you later" 

After Padma got all packed up and left, we had the whole house to ourselves for the next week until Aisha's mom came back.

After that, Aisha and I started getting ready for game 6 of the NBA Finals. Like I said before, Aisha is a fan of sports, particularly basketball and football. However, she's a bigger football fan than I am and I like basketball more than she does.

When it comes to basketball, she can be kind of a bandwagon. Last couple of years, she's been a Warriors bandwagon and I tease her about it a lot. I decided to tease her about it during halftime. She asked me to quit it.

I replied, "Well, it's true tho. You were never once interested in the Warriors before they were actually good"

She said, "Oh, am I to assume that you are rooting for the Cavs? Thought you didn't like LeBron"

"I don't like either teams that much tbh"

"Then how about I make things a little more interesting for you?" 

Author's Note: Sorry guys, out of respect for my gf, I'm ending the story here