Chapter 2

We arrived at the palace, but I didn't waste time dragging Gabe's heavy body into the palace. I yelled really loud and in seconds everyone was coming out and running to the carriage. "Oh my gosh! What happened"? Someone asked. "Someone shot him when we visited the town"! I yelled talking really fast. Everyone was in shock, but were in a fast pace to give Gabe medical aid. There were tears in my eyes, and I was also in shock not knowing what to say nor how to act. My cousin (I mean Chancellor) Esteban hugged me, "It's going to be alright" He said soothing me while patting my back. I wanted it to be alright, but I just couldn't believe this would happen, I didn't imagine it in a million years. 30 minutes later.... I was pacing back and forth and biting on my thumb trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head that he would... die. The door opened, the head doctor came out with blood on his gloves and some of his uniform. "Is he alright"? I asked vastly. He sighed, I knew that sigh that meant that he didn't make it. "He's alright, Elena. If you came any later to the palace, he could've of died of losing too much blood" He said with a soft tone. "Where was he shot"? I asked. "He was shot two times of the arm" He said. He didn't let me respond to his comment because he left me. I was happy, but also sad because Gabe saved my life and I couldn't offer him anything at the moment. "You can come in now" The head nurse said signaling me to come inside. I slowly walked in and then saw Gabe with tubes on his body and medical bandage on his left arm. The nurse closed the door and there I was left alone with him, just staring in shock. "You look cute while in shock" He said putting on a smile. I chuckled, "You sound stupid" I said sitting on the side of the bed. "Thank you"- We both said in unison. "You can go first" We said in unison again. We both laughed, "Fine I'll start. I wanted to say thank you for saving my life" I said trying to not cry. He smiled, "I wanted to say thank you for saving my life" He said. "You were very brave, even though no one dared to help you" He said. I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, "Thanks, it means a lot coming from you" I said. He flinched, "Man, it sucks that I can't really move" He said. "Here, I can help you" I said. I was going to fix his leg until I tripped on one of the bed legs and fell on top of him. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry" I said raising my head. I realized that our faces were really close. "I-I'll just go" I said. Gabe grabbed me by the arm and then kissed me. I was in shock, but then I kissed him back. "Elena, WHAT ARE YOU DOING"? Someone yelled from behind me. I pushed Gabe away and turned around to see Grandpa looking at Gabe and I angrily. "G-Grandpa, I-I-I can explain"! I said stuttering. "Go to your bedroom, right now! You will not come out until tomorrow"! He yelled. I got off the bed and ran out of the room pausing to catch my breath or to grasp reality. I didn't know what to do, but to talk to my little sister even though we weren't on good terms right now. I opened the door without knocking, "Isabel, I"- I didn't finish my sentence because I saw her kissing Prince James. "Prince James, get out"! I yelled. They stopped kissing and look at me. "O-Oh sorry" He said he ran vastly out the door. I slammed the door behind me, "Seriously? You aren't suppose to date right now" I told her. She rolled her eyes, "One, I don't care what you or anyone says, I can do what I want. Two, you just got in trouble for kissing Gab, wow, I can't believe you'd go that low to get another husband" She said with nonchalance. She was right, I was married a year ago to a prince from another kingdom, but it didn't work well because he only married me to get money and riches. "W-Wait, Elena I didn't mean"- I interrupted her, "I-It's okay" I said. I walked out the room and slowly went to my bedroom. I fell flat on my bed, and I was dreaming about the kiss and also about the shooting. God, what are you trying to tell me?