Scowling, I feel revenge course through my veins and bend down to dip my paint brush into the paint can. Once the bristles are dripping with black paint I stand up and flick the paint at his bent over laughing body. He freezes, reaching up into his hair where the paint is dripping off of him.

“You did not just do that.” He says slowly, rising up to full height and throwing me a warning look.

Smiling wickedly, I flick the paint brush again, feeling incredibly lucky that there is tarp lying on the floor and we won’t get in too much trouble. Sean jumps back and then whips off his glasses, sliding them across the floor to the safe side of the hall.

“It’s on!” He yells, war calling.

I giggle and dart out of the way when he lunges at me, managing to coat the side of his face with the thick paint. He yelps and yanks the paintbrush back, managing to get a few droplets on my neck.

“Sean!” I squeal, trying to pull away.

“Tell me!” he urges, now ducking down to put his hand into the paint can. I fight him, trying to pull the paintbrush out of his grip while he brings his hand, now completely covered in paint, out of the can.

“No!” I wail as he wipes his hand all over my left arm and pokes my nose, “Sean!”

He lets out a loud laugh and I let go of the paintbrush, looking down at the mess all over my arm. He ducks back down coating both his hand and my paint brush in more paint. I take the opportunity to tackle him backwards, so that he lands on his bum. I fall on top of him and yank the paintbrush out of his hand, but he just smothers my face with his paint covered hand instead. I scream and wipe off at much as I can out of my eyes with the back of my left hand while he throws back his head in laughter. I must look pretty ridiculous. My face is completely covered in paint as well as my shorts, arm, and top of my shirt.

I scrunch up my face and straddle him, leaning down and bring the tip of the paint brush to his face. He tries to wrestle me away but I’m persistent and am successful in giving him a thick, painted on mustache just above his upper lip.

“No!” he cries dramatically, pushing the brush away.

“You asked for it!”

“You asked for it!” he argues.

I scowl and dodge his hand, as it’s blocking the paint brush, so that I can complete his look by connecting his eyebrows with a thick black line.

“That’s it!” he groans and pushes me off him, rolling me over so that he’s straddling me instead.

I try to wiggle my way out from underneath him but he pins both my arms down.

“What are you going to do? You’ve already got me completely covered in paint!” I giggle playfully, looking up into his laughing eyes.

His smile drops and is face screws up in though a little as he contemplates his answer.

“I have no idea, actually.” He smiles.

“Well, then get off and let me up.” I say, rolling my eyes and poking my tongue out at him.

“No. Not until you tell me.” He says stubbornly, turning up his nose.

“It’s not even important.” I sigh impatiently, squirming.

“Well, then tell me.”

“No.”

“Tell!”

“No, Sean.”

“Please!”

“No!”