"Hi," Isy smiled happily. I love that kid. Such a sweetheart she is.

"How are you doing?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm good," Isy responded. The drive to my house consisted of us singing loudly to the radio. Isy has such a nice voice.

We pulled into my driveway and headed into the house.

"Hi, Aunt Liz!" Isy said happily. She pulled my mum into a hug. My mum looked really happy that Isy hugged her

"Hi, sweetie. How are you?" My mum asked my cousin.

"I'm good! I've missed you. How are you?" Isy asked.

"I'm good," my mum smiled. She hugged Isy again. My mum really loves Isy. Probably because Isy gives my mum the love I don't. Don't get me wrong. I love my mum. A lot. I just don't show it the way Isy and Saige tend to.

Isy and I went upstairs to my bedroom. She seemed a bit hesitant about something.

"Everything okay?" I asked her. She nodded, unconvincingly.

"Isy, what's wrong?" I asked seriously.

"I don't want you to get mad at me," Isy said, staring at the floor.

"I won't get mad. Tell me what's wrong," I said lovingly.

"I-I don't think Saige likes me," Isy said hesitantly. That took me by surprise. They're both sweet kids. Isy loves singing, and Saige loves art. How could they not get along?

"What? How could she not like you?" I asked shocked.

"Well, last time we were all together, Saige called me a suck up. So I asked her why, and she was just mad that I'm close with you and she's not," Isy explained to me. Why does Saige have to be such a brat?

"Wait here," I sighed. I stormed into Saige's bedroom.

"Leave Isy alone! We get along so well because, unlike you, she's not a little brat. She's gone through enough, and she doesn't need you being rude," I snapped at Saige. Saige stared at me shocked. Before she could reply, I stormed out of her room, slamming her door shut.

"What did you do?" Isy asked worried.

"Don't worry about it," I told her. We continued talking about anything and everything. Time spent with Isy are some of my favorite times.

Saige's pov:

*four hours later*

Emily had just left with Isy to drop her off at her house. I went into the kitchen where my mum was preparing dinner.

"Hey, Saige," my mum smiled.

"Why does Isy always come over? She and Emily hang out more than I do with Em," I sighed.

"Saige, Isy has gone through a lot lately. I think being with Emily helps her keep her sanity," my mum tried to explain to me.

"But even before this. They're always together and never with me," I mumbled.

"Well, maybe see if they'll include you. Hang out with them," my mum encouraged me. I explained to my mum the fight Isy and I had and Emily storming into my bedroom.

"So they probably don't want me around," I finished.

"Well, you should apologize," my mum began, but I cut her off.

"No. I hate this family! Why are we so screwed up?" I suddenly yelled.

Liz's pov:

"Saige, don't you dare say that. This family is beautiful. We've had hardships. Name a family that hasn't. The McDonoughs and Byrds are a family. We're a team. You will not speak badly of this family," I commanded her.