01. Going Back

"Going back is always the hardest."

"Now moving on to our next report. Alison Dilaurentis claiming to have been kidnapped and held hostage for the past year."

As the news report goes on and on about Alison returning to Rosewood. Elena is continuing to pack for her short trip back to Rosewood. Well, shes hoping for a short trip. With this town, you never know what will happen next. A town where she swore she would never go back. But she has to be there for Hanna since her mom Ashley has been calling non-stop to come visit Hanna. Hanna being Hanna she wouldn't talk to mom about how she's doing especially with Alison being back and Mona is most likely apart of the group that's pissed about it. Elena is the only one who might have a chance to get Hanna to talk for real. Hanna rarely opens up about hows shes doing proving that to be true with the failed countless times she has been forced to go to therapy.

But the other thing is Alison's easy return. Anyone who known Alison for so long knows this 'I was kidnapped' was just a cover-up to something bigger then Alison and maybe the girls are letting on. There's a whole other complicated story that is just a disaster waiting to be revealed. But if your smart enough you won't get involved. This is just a simple visit but that's the thing noting is simple in this town.

RING...RING...RING...

Without even looking at the phone she answers knowing it's the same person calling for the 7th time.

"Mom everything is taken care of don't worry," Once again Ashley worrying again. Ever since she left Rosewood, she keeps worrying about her oldest daughter.

"Are you sure everything is good?"

"Yes don't worry so much. My plane leaves at 9 am so I'll get there by 12 and I'll get a cab home."

"I can pick you up"

"No, it's fine. You get to work. Just leave the spare key in the rock."

"Ok, be careful I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, love you."

"Love you too bye."

----- Next Day

The airport is loud and busy not usual for a town like Rosewood. Elena managed to get through the baggage claim. With a fast speed to get a cab, she needed to get home quickly before Hanna.

Her flight was delayed so she's almost 2 hours delayed. She finally got a cab and headed home. This is so weird it's like she never left. So many memories flooded through her mind. Good and bad. She's so in thought of everything that happened even the secrets that she is still holding onto.

"Okay, we were are," The driver says pulling to the side and shifts the car into park. The driver helps Elena with her bags. Pulling them out of the truck for her. She pays him and he drives off. Before going inside she takes a few minutes for herself. She looks at the house knowing every detail is the same. Nothing changed, well except one thing. It was fall everything was dead when she moved away. Now the trees are full of color.

As she walks inside she sees that her mom still has old pictures of her and Hanna. She walks into the kitchen finding her photo album on the shelf above the desk. When Hanna was born Ashley put together photo albums for them both. Of course, Elena's album started when she was 7 instead of a newborn. It contained pictures from high school, a lot of her and Melissa, her and Hanna, and at the very end her and Jason. She briefly flips through the album and sets it down to settle into her room. She takes her bags upstairs to her room.

Everything is the same in her room. Like she never left. Bringing back old memories some good, some bad, some that she just wants to forget.

"I cant believe I'm back here." She says to her taking in every aspect of the room she left behind. She was so in thought till a noise came from down stairs. It's too early for Hanna to be home and her mom doesn't get back till 6. So it can't be either one.