Hidden secrets (26)

~Song: Darkside~

Chapter twenty-six: Hidden secrets:

[Veronica's POV]

I woke up with a pounding headache and and my tongue feeling like a fat, fuzzy caterpillar. It was not a pleasant feeling. I sat up too quickly and was hit with a wave of vertigo. I glanced over to my side. Chris was still sleeping, his lips slightly parted and he was making the cutest sleep face.

I ripped my eyes away from him and got out of bed. I went into the hallway outside. "What in the--?" People were pasted out in the hallway, I swore someone was wearing a lampshade. I laughed hard enough at ( that it made my headache worse.

I tiptoed arouns the sleeping people then I groaned, remembering the shxt from last night.

Ugggghhh! I shouldn't have gotten so smashed! I scolded myself. Me of all people should know how I get when I get drunk. I was one of those sad emotional drunks, it didn't help that I had little recall of last night. I remembered snippets of things like playing beer pong, playing truth or dare, and Todd.

Todd.

"Ahh!" I quietly screamed. The hxll was I thinking last night? Oh right, I wasn't. I edged my way into the kitchen, spoting places were beer had been spilled on the good carpet, and it looked like people had found my stash of Nutella. Dxmnit.

I poured myself some cereal and sat down at the table. I wanted nothing more than to dunk my head in the bowl because I felt so shxtty. I made a frowning face with my Trix, I didn't really feel all that hungry.

"I see you still play with your food." Todd's voice startled me out of my stupor.

"Jesus! You scared me! How many times have I told you not to do that!" He leaned against the counter and smirked. He always was too cocky for his own good. Did I just have a thing for cocky guys or something?

Todd did have a legitimate reason to be cocky though. I could say, without feeling like I'm doing anything wrong, that Todd was a hottie. He was half black, a quarter Italian, and quarter white. His skin so light it was like he'd been caramelized, and he had pretty hazel colored eyes.

But I could safely say my boyfriend, Mr. Christopher DeVito, had to be the sexiest thing to walk the earth.

"Just like old times." He said pulling me out of my thoughts. Todd and I had known each other since Freshman year but he moved away Sophomore year. It did sound like a short amount of time to be calling someone your best friend, but he was actually pretty cool.

I turned around in my chair and faced him. "Why are you here? Like, at my house, visting me, I mean." It must have been late in the afternoon because warm yellow light was filtering through the windows but it was silent other than our voices.

"Why not?" He countered and I rolled my eyes. He was an even bigger smart axx then I was.

"How about because you haven't so much as texted me, messaged me on facebook, visted, called or --"

"My mom has cancer."

Anything I was about to say died in my throat. My mind automatically grasped for the over used phrase, I'm so sorry, but I could tell he didn't want pity, in fact, he looked resolute as he continued speaking, "That was the whole reason I left in the first place, she got cancer sophomore year so we moved closer to a treatment center and after about six months we thought it was gone until she took some tests recently. . . it's back and more aggressive. The reason I came back was to tell you that I was leaving, we're moving to a different state soon to see if we can try experimental treatments. . ."